Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: need you suggestion

  1. need you suggestion

    i had filed an appeal under RTI (under sec 8 ) to the PIO of a nationalized bank with regard to locker details , housing loan and deposit details of my mother (after her death ). unhappy with the PIO's reply i prefered an appeal under sec19 to the AA

    its clear to me that the authorities have gone on record issuing false statement question is before i prefer to appeal before the CIC , can i lodge an FIR ? is there a solution to bring the authorities before the law ??

    kindly suggest

    Last edited by pankra; 03-01-08 at 09:55 PM. Reason: missed points

  2. Re: need you suggestion

    U can ask for inspection of records of lockers and deposits. I donot think FIR will get you any where. You can write to RBI or refer matter to banking ombudsman. Before that it is better to complain to CMD of the bank with full details.

  3. Re: need you suggestion

    Thanks for your prompt advise.
    Have already written to OMBUDSMAN and to the Chairman & MD submitting all the documents that clearly suggest that the officials have not just denied me the right to information but have suggested falsehood

    i have not received any reply from OMBUDSMAN or from CMD

    i am very disappointed that the RTI Act has not worked well for me , these officials have made a mockery of RIGHT TO INFORMATION

    it would be of great help if someone could guide me to get the required details also wish that these officials be imposed with some penalty for causing mental harassment

    please help

  4. Re: need you suggestion

    Second appeal to CIC may work but there will be delay due to piling of complaints/appeals at CIC . Why not send another RTI application to CPIO of H. O. of bank asking for status of your application made to CMD ? You may kindly visit my blog for framing questions when requests are unattended by Public Authorities. Same thing you may try for Ombudsman if there is long delay say 3 months or so. For compensation for mental harassment etc, you may proceed in consumer forum for deficiency in service.Inspection of records under RTI may also be explored. Have you tried complaint to RBI? Usually it works fast.

  5. #5

    Re: need you suggestion

    If the bank wanted u to show legal heirship, u must show.As per rules banks do not show any account to third party . If u satisfy the bank with proofs that deceased was your mother, then bank cannot deny u the information under any Act.


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android