Thread: RTI Through E-mail

1. Question RTI Through E-mail

can any one tell me filling RTI through E-Mail & paying application fees through E-pay?

2. Re: RTI Through E-mail

no. not now A proposal in this regard has been drafted to provide information thru e Mail to someone having e-signature identity.

3. Re: RTI Through E-mail

u have to submit written application at present

Re: RTI Through E-mail

While the RTI Act doesn't require a public authority to accept email submissions of RTI requests, my experience has been that

(a) SEBI accepted my initial request, and my first appeal, via email

(b) RBI pretended for a while to have not received any request, either via email or via courier, till I submitted one thru the Indian consulate in NYC, and stubbornly refused to use email despite my request that they do so. But the Appellate Authority was happy to receive my appeal on email, and responded to me on email.

So it's unpredictable but not impossible to get an RTI request or appeal sent thru email. (Of course, actual decision outcomes for me have so far been nil, and I must hope that the CIC before whom I have 2 appeals pending, and who encourages the use of email but takes many weeks before acknowledging anything, shows me a different and more positive side of the RTI mechanism!!) Best,

Murgie

5. Re: RTI Through E-mail

Yes . Many responses are there thru email . My self I have recd responses and answer from Vishakhapatam Port Yard about the inquiry of ship preparation... but the reply if not satisfactory one when apple it will be disposed immediately on technical ground.

Perhaps you are not aware that every govt dept is having a compulsory post of information officer already to reply all the correspondence from any Citizen, but they used to reply only VIP letters Now this Right enables common to seek a reply that to also in an limited time period.

now, this reply is NOT as per RTI reply ..

Dr A