Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Railways to introduce IT-enabled system for RTI applications

In an effort to bring transparency and better monitoring in handling RTI cases, the Railways have undertaken steps to introduce an IT-enabled system.

"A web-based software is being developed for an effective monitoring of RTI cases," said a senior railways official. "Now the RTI cases registered in any railway zone in the country will be centrally monitored for speedy disposal."

"We are creating a separate portal where an RTI applicant, after the registration of his/her application, can see the status of his case by typing out his name, address and the number of postal order or draft," he said.
    This will help an applicant know whether his reply sought in the RTI application has been sent to him/her or still under process. It will also show when his/her reply is expected to reach him.

"The system is currently under trial and we are working out the nitty-gritty. It is expected to be fully operational by the end of this month," he said.

While 40 to 50 RTI cases are registered daily, Railways handle about 11,000 cases in a year.

"There are cases of delays in responding to RTI queries at times. With the increased number of cases, it has become necessary to streamline the system to avoid delays," he said.

Railways to introduce IT-enabled system for RTI applications- Hindustan Times

› Find content similar to: Railways to introduce IT-enabled system for RTI applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Railways to introduce IT-enabled system for RTI applications

Being a Rlyman and more so working as PIO on one of the Zonal Railway I appreciate this effort. However my experience in handling cases at sometimes are disappointing because many resort to seek information which is of personal nature without any public purpose being served.This causes waste of time and resources.RTI need to redefine its scope so that people do not misuse it for purposes which i think was beyond those thought by social activists behind this movement.
    vijay kumar

Name:
    raghubir singh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how can i file a RTI application to delhi division northern railway on line

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Raghubir,

There is no system at present for filing of RTI Applications "on line".
    You have the option of sending your RTI Application by email but that needs to be followed up by sending the application fee by mail. So, you might as well use the normal options.

The PIO details that you seek are available here:

PIO

Name:
    raj
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how can i knw the status of rti/northern railway if i have no login name n passwprd

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diler View Post
    how can i knw the status of rti/northern railway if i have no login name n passwprd
    Has this facility been provided ?
    Can you please give the link to th website where RTI applicants can track their application status.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Crosswordsguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Members can access the detailed RTI related information on the RTI Portal of Ministry of Railways

:: RTI - Ministry of Railways ::

Members can check status of RTI filled with Indian railways at

Search String