Thread: Receipt from CIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Receipt from CIC

I have forwarded an appeal under RTI act to CIC more than one month back. I am yet to receive any acknowledgement or registration number for that application. What should I do now to ensure that my appeal is registered with CIC? Do I have to approach anyone officially to know about the status of my application?

› Find content similar to: Receipt from CIC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Receipt from CIC

You can check you appeal status here
    Central Information Commission - Action Status
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Receipt from CIC

It all depends upon which IC your appeal has gone. In case of Chief IC donot expect before 3 months and for other 45 days, if u are lucky. In my cases I have to personally visit them and dig out my application and for others they could't locate the application and hence I have to give them another copy after 4 visits.

There is really big mess in CIC and lot of us are also responsible for the same. There is shortage of staff. Chief IC has just started to hear appeals of March 2007 and for other it take 3-5 months for hearing date.