Quoted
    168 Post(s)

*brainstorming Meeting*

*Centre for the Study of Law & Governance, JNU*

Cordially invites you to a
    *BRAINSTORMING MEETING*
    WITH
    Hon'ble Wajahat Habibullah
    (Chief Information Commissioner, Central Information Commission)

On

*" Right to Information: A Step towards Democratic Empowerment of Ordinary People"*

*VENUE:* Conference Room, Centre for the study of Law &
    Governance, New Delhi.

*DATE:* Monday 14th January, 2008 .

*TIME:* 3.45 PM.

› Find content similar to: *brainstorming Meeting*

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: *brainstorming Meeting*

I hope Kushal will be able to spare some time to attend this.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

In case any one of us attending the above conference, I suggest that following aspects be got clarified:
    (a) Why can't such sessions be conducted through CIC's web site so that rest of the 'WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA" can also participate
    (b) In view of explicit provisions of Section 19(5) of the RTI Act what is the necessity of calling the appellant for hearing ?
    (c) What action taken on the observations of non-maintainabiility aspect of CIC's (Management) Regulation raised by various forums ?
    (d) What is the cource of action other than judiciary available to a cityzen against non-performance or dismal performance by the Commission especialluy the SICs
    (e) The RTI Act envisage accountability to everyone except the Commission. Why the Commission is not made accountable at all ?
    (f) Section 20 on penalty is very specific. As per this Section Penalty ' SHALL' be impossed. It is not at the descretion of the Commission. What is the clarification of the Commission ?
    (g) Is a First Appeal under Section 19(1) BAR a complaint under 18(1) to the Commission ?
    (h) Has the Commission any power to order the Sub Divisional Officer (RDO) not to abide with Section 5(2) of the Act ?
    (i) As per RTI Act has the CIC anyjurisdiction over the SICs ?
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 11-01-08 at 08:26 AM.

Would miss out by just couple of days

But Good luck to all RTIans who would be part of this event

And I am sure that all the relevant questions including those put forth by Col Kurup would be ask for

Get Going and Let go

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I am still waiting to read the outcome of the so called brain stormingmeeting.

Name:
    vijendra singh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Karira ! the date mentioned seems wrong. Pl check . Moreover ,neither brain ,nor any storm is yet seen in info commission.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vijendra singh View Post
    Karira ! the date mentioned seems wrong. Pl check . Moreover ,neither brain ,nor any storm is yet seen in info commission.
    Vijendra,

This post was made on 9th January 2008 for a event to be held on 14th January 2008. There is nothing wrong with the date.

But, I have realised that most of these events are jumboorees with the organisers trying to get some "photo-ops" and a few lines of "media space".
    I have been to only one in Hyderabad - walking out within an hour and vowing not to go to another one again.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    This post was made on 9th January 2008 for a event to be held on 14th January 2008. There is nothing wrong with the date.
    Every week, our guys dig up some old thread from the news/events section and try to resurrect it with a religious fervour. Is there any reduction in the current news feeds that we are providing?
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android