Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if any Govt. officer acted in favour of a corruption and thus did violate HC's specific direction, is there no departmental procedure to take action

I had a nice experience of receiving from one SPIO of W.Bengal. He had informed that the Department did violate High Court & Apex Court's Order, but nobody of that Dept held responsible for that. The point is that "somebody" of that Dept had submitted a compliance report to the Court and the case is disposed of. My question is , if any Govt. officer acted in favour of a corruption and thus did violate HC's specific direction, is there no departmental procedure to take action against the erring officer ?

› Find content similar to: if any Govt. officer acted in favour of a corruption and thus did violate HC's specific direction, is there no departmental procedure to take action

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: if any Govt. officer acted in favour of a corruption and thus did violate HC's specific direction, is there no departmental procedure to take acti

I .cannot understand as to how anyone can be said to have acted in favour of corruotion.He can be prosecuted if it is proved that a person is corrupt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: if any Govt. officer acted in favour of a corruption and thus did violate HC's specific direction, is there no departmental procedure to take acti

One departmental enquiry was conducted on the complaints received against that corrupt officer. The enquiry officer exonerated that "corrupt" from all the charges. In favour of his decision the enquiry officer accepted only the departmental officer's views , nothing was considered against it. The principal Secretary accepted that so called "Enquiry report" saying " it appears that the charges were fabricated. We may close the matter" .Subsequently the Minister-in -charge also accepted the report and the matter was closed. We could not get any response from the department. We asked permission for filing a case petition against that departmental officer . But we were not allowed to file any case. We were told by the Advocate that no case against that Govt. officer could be initiated at that without receiving departmental permission in this regard; so we could not proceed.
    To make a long story short , I would like to inform that at least few dozens of complaints, RTI applications etc were submitted to the dept concerned, vigilance, Parsonnel & Adm. Reforms Dept, even to the Chief Minister but nothing positive was received . Only at the instance of CM's cell that "departmental enquiry" was arranged (to exonerate him from all charges) we received plenty of evidences against that corrupt officer, only by using RTI applications. That officer had retired from the department and we are ready to file a case against him, as no departmental permission is required now. Yesterday only I had received that "no documentary evidence" was available with that enquiry report, in response to an earlier RTI application. That is very interesting, and I shall inform it afterwards.

Name:
    jetley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    I shall inform it afterwards.
    What happened subsequently?