Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

Hi Sobha,

Wondering if you had chance to file the RTI application. If yes, then did you get all the answers you were looking for? How much time it took? Would it be possible for you to share the application format / content?

Rgds,
    Anil

› Find content similar to: Service Tax Refund from builder

Name:
    Sandeep Baheti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The post by Shobha is 1 year old. She might have forgotten all about it. If you are interested in knowing how RTI works for tax refunds, you may like to go through the following threads:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/9426-r...n-1-month.html
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/8942-hip-hip-hurrah.html

Name:
    Kalsey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Service tax on properties

Is there any way to confirm if the party charging service tax for services rendered is actually paying the tax to the govt. & is not only inflating the bill for his benefit. ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Service tax on properties

You can visit the local Service Tax Commissioners office and meet the PRO.
    He will be able to guide you.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Service tax refund from builder.

I booked 3 properties with Tata Housing at Boisar East.They collected almost 80% of property value along with service Tax. But the possession of all flats at Tata Housing,Boisar East is delayed by almost 2 years.I have decided to surrender my properties back to Tata Housing due to this delay and refund our money with 9% interest.
    However they do nor want to give back the service tax collected from us as they say that it is deposited with the Government and cannot be claimed back.
    How do i confirm that they have indeed paid this service tax to Government and if they have indeed paid to Government then how do I claim it back.
    Tata housing will resell these surrendered properties again and will again collect service tax from new clients.
    Is it legal for them to do so??
    Please help me with the process as the amount collected by Tata by way of service tax is almost Rs.1.75 lakhs.
    Regards,Ashwin Bahl

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Dear Ashwin