Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service Tax Refund from builder

1. Service Tax Refund from builder

Hi,

I paid service tax of around 1 lakh to the builder while booking the flat. after the recent government notification the builder returned 3000 Rs(service tax paid after april 06) as refund. They said since they have paid to the Karnataka government they are awaiting for the refund and only after that we will get the remaining amount paid in March 06. How do I know if the builder has already paid to the government and if so how do I get it reimbursed from the government. Pls let me know the procedure ?

2. Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

whether the builder had paid to the govt or not can be ascertained from the concerned customs and central excise dept office dealing with the jurisdiction of the area of your flat. you can also find if reimbursement had already been made. address you rti query to the cpio of the office.

service tax is levied on the service provider and not on the service reciever(you). so reimbursement if any, will be made to the builder and not to you.

3. Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. I know the builder will be getting it but I want the information.
    In order to address the rti query to the cpio of the office, do I write a letter on plain paper and how do i know the cpio office address. Pls let me know the procedure and what are the charges.
    Also by addressing the query do I get to know when the government will refund to the builder in case it is with the government.

Regards
    Sobha

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

Sobha,

1. The sample RTI application form can be downloaded from here:

RTI India: The Complete Information and Resource Regarding Right to Information of India - home

It can be on a plain paper.

2. The application Fee for making aRTI application is RS 10.00.
    It can be paid by a Postal Order or a B/C or a D/D.

3. The list of CPIO's for Central Excise and Service Tax in Bangalore is given at:
    CENTRAL EXCISE-BLR-RTI-CBEC
    You will have to find out the area under which your builder office is located
    and then identify the CPIO.

4. You can ask for information like:

Has the builder paid service tax to the Govt.?
    If yes , how much and when ?
    If refund has been granted ?
    If not, when will it be granted.

5. I also suggest that in order to avoid disappointment in the form of PIO rejecting your application on any grounds listed in Section 8 of the Act, please include the following in the initial part of you application:

"Under Section 4(1)(d) I would like to know the information outlined below since I am a affected person."

5. Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

Thank you for the reply. I need to identify the CPIO as there are three divisions in the same location. Maybe I will ask the builder but if he doesnt give me the information I need to see.

Regards
    Sobha

6. Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

Be Sure And Particular When You File An Rti Application

As Rti Act Has Nothing Like "maybe"

And Your Motive Needs To Be Genuine

Take Care Thanks

7. Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

I just want to clarify the maybe is not for whether to file RTI or not. but where to get the address from? should I get the address from the builder and whether he will give it.

Sorry for not making it clear.

Re: Service Tax Refund from builder

Hi Sobha,

Please let me know whether you got any information from the concerned C
    PIO ?

With regards
    Pmvenugopalan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android