Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we file a PIL or WP based on RTI Info

Can we file a PIL or WP based on RTI Info

Dear RTians

Happy New years to everyone

Can we file a PIL or Writ petition or any other legal complaint by quoting the facts and figures we have got from any government department through RTI Act as Evidence????

Abhinav
    ....Hoping to be back in team RTI soon

› Find content similar to: Can we file a PIL or WP based on RTI Info

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Can we file a PIL or WP based on RTI Info

Yes you can.
    Although it will help if the copies obtained through RTI are "certified" copies.

In my case, I have successfully presented information (not certified copies but just the plain reply received through RTI) to the High Court in a Writ Petition matter and it has been taken into cognizance.
    Last edited by karira; 12-01-08 at 11:39 AM.

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Bohare View Post
    Hoping to be back in team RTI soon
    Welcome back Abhinav. A happy new year to you.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Pleasure is All mine

And Happy New year to you and your entire family too

God Bless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Though it is not exactly the same issue, but I would like to have suggestion regarding the proper use of the received information through RTI activities. I have received two different 'reply/information' wrt the same query from one PA. I would like to submit a fresh application asking -- which one is the correct information . Should I have to attach the copies of letters received or simply the memo no will be sufficient for that purpose. Appropriate utilization of these conflicting 'information' furnished may be suggested.
    Last edited by abhijeet; 12-01-08 at 11:40 PM. Reason: correction

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Make a RTI Application to the PA and attach the 2 contradictory replies received.

Also ask:
    What disciplinary action and mention in service records will be done against those officers who willfully and malefidely gave incorrect and misleading information ?
    By what date will the action be taken ?
    By what date will I be informed the details of the action taken ?

================

There was another matter you raised in some other post...I cant seem to locate it ...regarding a Department not implementing the High Court verdict. This can be a contempt of court. A lawyer can advise you as to how to file a Contempt of Court petition in the High Court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to submit a fresh application explaining the conflicting 'information' provided with two replies with those queries. Let us see the development . The point is that this PIO does not bother at all. He had not reply queries even after receving direction from the SIC for early reply. The SIC did nothing even after receiving reminders from us. How should we expect anything encouraging from them. out of at least 11 numbers of 2nd appeals/complaints to the SIC against this PIO , only one incomplete reply has been received. Nothing else.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abhijeet View Post
    I would like to submit a fresh application explaining the conflicting 'information' provided with two replies with those queries. Let us see the development . The point is that this PIO does not bother at all. He had not reply queries even after receving direction from the SIC for early reply. The SIC did nothing even after receiving reminders from us. How should we expect anything encouraging from them. out of at least 11 numbers of 2nd appeals/complaints to the SIC against this PIO , only one incomplete reply has been received. Nothing else.
    abhijeet,

Please see this thread:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2454-c...e-notings.html

Maybe you can request or encourage SIC to use some of the sections....