View Poll Results: Have you tried getting information about Transmission & Distribution Losses in your city?

Voters
2. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I have it with me

0 0%
  • I need help to do it

2 100.00%
  • I don't care!

0 0%
  • Don't have time!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmission and Distribution Losses

1. Help Me With MY RTI Application

Hi everybody,

I have drafted an RTI Application for gettig information about power thefts in my city. This is the first time I have written an RTI Application and so I want you people to help me out in finalising the application. I am hopeful of getting favourable response from u all.

Heres my application:

Application Form for Information under the Right to Information Act, 2005

<O:p</O:p

To,<O:p</O:p
    The Public Information Officer<O:p</O:p
    Ministry of Power<O:p</O:p
    Mrs. M.Nirmala Rao, <O:p</O:p
    Deputy Secretary, <O:p</O:p
    Cabin No.III, Sharam Shakti Bhawan, <O:p</O:p
    New Delhi.-110001<O:p</O:p

Date: 11<SUP>th</SUP> January, 2008<O:p</O:p
    Sub: Information Regarding Power (Electricity) Theft in Ulhasnagar (Maharashtra)<O:p</O:p
    Dear Sir,<O:p</O:p
    It has come to my attention that our city (Ulhasnagar) is plagued with the problem of Power (Electricity) Theft and no action is being taken against the offenders who violate the laws.<O:p</O:p
    I would like to use the Right To Information Act to ascertain the following:
    1. What is the amount (in Rupees) of loss caused due to power theft in Ulhasnagar?<O:p
    2. Who is responsible for this loss due to power theft?<O:p
    3. Is there any inspection agency for keeping an eye on power thefts in Ulhasnagar?<O:p</O:p
    4. If yes, what is the name of the inspection agency?<O:p</O:p
    5. What is the central government doing to stop power thefts in Ulhasnagar?<O:p</O:p
    6. Which are the initiatives taken by the state government to prevent power thefts in Ulhasnagar?<O:p</O:p
    7. Who are the people involved in power thefts in Ulhasnagar?<O:p</O:p
    8. What sort of legal action is being taken against the power thieves in Ulhasnagar?<O:p</O:p
    9. What is being done to aware the consumers of electricity against power thefts in Ulhasnagar?<O:p</O:p
    10. What is being to compensate consumers against power thefts in Ulhasnagar?
    I must emphasize here that the city of Ulhasnagar is home to more than 1 million people. These people have been for more than two years now facing acute shortage of power supply at their homes despite paying up their Electricity Bills on time.<O:p</O:p
    I state that the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in section 8 and 9 of the Act and to the best of my knowledge it pertains to your office.<O:p</O:p
    I also state that I am a citizen of India and I am eligible to seek information under the Right to Information Act 2005.<O:p</O:p
    A Postal Order/Bank Draft No. _________________ dated_____________ is enclosed.<O:p</O:p
    I request you to kindly look into this matter. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.<O:p</O:p
    Place: Ulhasnagar (Maharashtra)<O:p</O:p
    Date: 11<SUP>th</SUP> January, 2008<O:p</O:p

Yours Sincerely,

(xyz)

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Help Me With MY RTI Application

india_first,

Just a few suggestions for your application:

1. I think that you should address this application to MSEB or its equivalent in
    Ulhasnagar area, since power generation and distribution is a state subject.

2. Do not refer to it as "Power Theft"...no one will accept that there is "power theft".
    Term it as "Transmission and Distribution" losses.

3. In the first few questions ask for historical data for T & D losses, How many consumers caught, how much fine levied on each customer caught, whether fine has been recovered or not, if fine not recovered what steps taken to recover the fine, etc. for 2004, 2005 and 2006.
    You can also try to get a break up of the above figures between domestic and industrial users.
    In case you want a more detailed reply, you can ask for names and addresses of consumers instead of just the number.

4. Ask that all copies and documents be certified...this will help you later in case you want to take this further.

5. Point Nr. 10 can be framed as:
    Honest consumers who pay their bills on time and correctly are being denied their right to get continuous supply of power at the correct voltage and frequency. Since the ......is not able to reduce the incidence of T & D losses, what stpes has the ....taken to compensate the consumers who suffer due to their negligence.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Help Me With MY RTI Application

The following threads will also be of interest to you:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2159-r...ity-theft.html

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/1679-c...er-thefts.html

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2283-m...ore-theft.html

4. Transmission and Distribution Losses

hi everybody,

As per the suggestions received for my earlier application i have redrafted my RTI application for seeking information about transmission and distribution losses from MAHADISCOM.

Now i have some doubts which i request you all to kindly look into and help me.

1) have i addresed the application properly and to the right authority?
    2) are the questions properly framed for avoiding vague replies?
    3) where and to whom am i supposed to submit this application?
    4) what about mode of payment and the charges?

any other suggestions would be highly appreciated.

heres the application

=====================================================

Application Form for Information under the Right to Information Act, 2005<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    To,<o:p></o:p>
    The Public Information Officer<o:p></o:p>
    Maharashtra State Electricity Dist. Co. Ltd (Kalyan Zone)<o:p></o:p>
    "Tejshri" Jahangir Maidan, <o:p></o:p>
    Karnik Road, Kalyan - 421 301<o:p></o:p>
    Shri. Jahiruddin Khan, <o:p></o:p>
    Deputy Executive Engineer.<o:p></o:p>
    Date: 12<SUP>th</SUP> January, 2008<o:p></o:p>
    Sub: Information Regarding Transmission & Distribution Losses in Ulhasnagar<o:p></o:p>
    Dear Sir,<o:p></o:p>
    It has come to my attention that our city (Ulhasnagar) is plagued with the problem of Transmission & Distribution (T & D) losses and no action is being taken against the offenders who violate the laws.<o:p></o:p>
    I would like to use the Right To Information Act to ascertain the following:<o:p></o:p>
    1. How many consumers were caught in 2007 responsible for transmission & distribution losses in Ulhasnagar?<o:p></o:p>
    2. How much fine was levied on each customer caught?<o:p></o:p>
    3. Whether fine has been recovered or not?<o:p></o:p>
    4. If fine not recovered what steps are being taken to recover the fine?<o:p></o:p>
    5. What was the amount (in Rupees) of Transmission & Distribution Losses in Ulhasnagar in 2007?<o:p></o:p>
    6. Who is responsible for the Transmission & Distribution Losses in Ulhasnagar?<o:p></o:p>
    7. What sort of legal action is being taken against the people responsible for Transmission & Distribution Losses in Ulhasnagar?<o:p></o:p>
    8. Is there any inspection agency for keeping an eye on Transmission & Distribution Losses in Ulhasnagar?<o:p></o:p>
    9. If yes, what is the name of the inspection agency?<o:p></o:p>
    10. What is being done to aware the consumers of electricity against power thefts in Ulhasnagar? <o:p></o:p>
    11. Honest consumers who pay their bills on time and correctly are being denied their right to get continuous supply of power at the correct voltage and frequency. Since the MAHADISCOM is not able to reduce the incidence of T & D losses, what steps has the MAHADISCOM taken to compensate the consumers who suffer due to their negligence?<o:p></o:p>
    I must emphasize here that the city of Ulhasnagar is home to more than 1 million people. These people have been for more than two years now facing acute shortage of power supply at their homes despite paying up their Electricity Bills on time.<o:p></o:p>
    I state that the information sought does not fall within the restrictions contained in section 8 and 9 of the Act and to the best of my knowledge it pertains to your office.<o:p></o:p>
    I also state that I am a citizen of India and I am eligible to seek information under the Right to Information Act 2005.<o:p></o:p>
    A Postal Order/Bank Draft No. _________________ dated_____________ is enclosed,<o:p></o:p>
    I request you to kindly look into this matter. Thank you in advance for your co-operation.<o:p></o:p>
    Place: Ulhasnagar (Maharashtra)<o:p></o:p>
    Date: 12<SUP>th</SUP> January, 2008<o:p></o:p>
    Yours Sincerely,<o:p></o:p>
    xyz

5. Re: Help Me With MY RTI Application

thanks everybody for your honest and sincere recommendations. i really appreciate the quickness with which i have got these replies.

i have made the changes as suggested and posted my application in a new thread named.. transmission and distribution losses.

kindly have a look at it and make necessary suggestions.

thanks again.

6. Re: Transmission and Distribution Losses

threads merged.

Thank You for drafting a good application and sharing with us too. When you finally prepare your application, do post it in your blog too.

Regards,

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Transmission and Distribution Losses

india_first,

Very good application !

Just one final point....in Maharashtra there is a specified format for filing a RTI Application. You can get the format from:

https://www.maharashtra.gov.in/englis...MGAZZPart4.pdf

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Transmission and Distribution Losses

india_first,

Sorry, I just saw the main application and replied....here is the answer to some of your other points raised :

1. The correct PIO for MAHADISCOM can be obtained from:
    https://mahadiscom.in/compliance/kalyan.pdf
    Avoid putting the PIO's name , just in case he has been transferred and your application is returned as "not available". Just say PIO or SPIO.
    2. Questions are correctly framed
    3. Application can be handed over to the PIO by hand and a acknowledgement obtained. Alternatively you can send your application by Registered Post AD and the AD card (which comes back to you) will be evidence for delivery of the application.
    4. Mode of payment and charges are given at the link I gave in the previous post in this thread.

All the Best !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android