Thread: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

1. Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

Hi

Under RTI is it possible to get the verification of transactions related to some saving account in public sector banks.. I mean to say is I have quote some transactions (date , amount) and ask Bank to verify the same... If I need further more information for those quoted transactions by me like If transaction is using Chque then cheque details like (chq number, party who issued chq, to which bank and branch chq belongs to) for any ATM transaction, from Which ATM transaction was made...

Can Such information be asked thru RTI ??

2. Re: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

You can; provided the acount concerned is your own and not that of a third party.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Re: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

Hello Puneet,

If these accounts belongs to you or you are closely associated with them then you can ask for these information. Otherwise those information can only be accessed by the account holder.

In case the account holder is deceased and you are the legal heir then you can seek those information.

Otherwise you have to prove it's necessity in the Larger Interest of Public .

These will be denied to you u/s 8.(1)(j) & 8(1)(e).

Regards,

Sidharth
    Last edited by sidmis; 13-01-08 at 09:53 PM.

Re: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

I have seeked such information from the PIO,SBI on 22.11.07 due to non response I have appeal to the Chief General Manager,Bbsr. and waiting for the reply.

5. Re: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

verification of bank accounts [the suspicious ones] can be done over the counter with the clerk in charge; there is no scope for rti; if one asks for the statement of accounts, it is given immediately by all the banks. you can check with your passbook of the savings account if any discrepancies are noted, you may point out those and they can be taken up directly with the people concerned or the manager of the branch

6. Re: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

Hi snkmoorthy

Can I do the same for account of my wife over counter ??

Regards

Puneet

7. Re: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

No, if you are not a joint account holder, you cannot get details of wife's account
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

8. Re: Verification of bank transaction of Saving Bank account

if the clerk knows you and your wife as couple, he will not hesitate to give you the details; especially if you carry the passbook; but if the bank staff know that there are problems between you and your wife, then perhaps he may be reluctant.