Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: Need information on getting income tax refund

arthi_rajesh,

Nice to know that Income Tax Dept., Bangalore, replied to you so quickly.

Filing (or not filing) a RTI application is your choice.
    You can also do it in the normal course and procedure.

However, a RTI application has to be replied in 30 days time otherwise the PIO is liable for penalty at the rate of Rs 250.00 per day of delay, subject to a maximum of Rs 25,000.00, deducted from his personal salary.

› Find content similar to: Need information on getting income tax refund

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.From the link that u provided i came to know my assessing officer.

It is ITO, Salary Ward-14(1) / 312-W-1.But not able to find out the CPIO address of this ward in Bangalore.

Can you please help me out in this ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Please read Posts # 4 and 5 of this thread.
    Last edited by karira; 17-01-08 at 05:39 PM.

Name:
    Hitesh Savaliya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arthi_rajesh View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the information.I sent a mail stating that i have to get a refund from income tax and wanted to know when i will be getting the refund.

i received the following reply

kindly send the copy of the acknowledgement for having filed the return of income for the yer refund due, addressed to the Income-tax Officer(GC), C.R.Buildings, Queen's Road, Bangalore - 01ITO(PR).

Again i asked whether i have to file a RTI seeking information on the income tax transfer.They said it is not required and just sending a request to Income Tax officer will be enough.

Will that be enough to get the status of the refund ?

Kindly clarify.
    Hello Karira & Arthi,

It is nice thread of information on IT refund. My ward number is ITO, Salary Ward-14(5) / 312-W-5. It looks like for Range-14,15,16 CPIO is CIT, Bangalore-V.

But still unclear about How to contact them via phone or e-mail.

Arthi, I would appreciate if I can locate e-mail Id or you can pass on.

One more thing, Should I send acknowlegment of ITR for corresponding year for which refund is due at same address as suggested to you?

Regards,
    Hitesh

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Hitesh,

This is a year old thread - please be careful

If you want to use RTI to find out the status of your IT refund, then file a RTI application as suggested in this thread.

Your assessing officer of your ward/circle is the PIO - the same one to whom you submitted your IT return wherein you claimed refund.

If you want, you can attach a copy of your return form or just quote your PAN number.

Just use the search function available in the green band on top of this page to search for "income tax refund" and you will get many useful threads. Please also visit the Guide section of the forum (RTI Guide) to learn about the What, When, How, Where of an RTI Application. There are some useful links under the "all about RTI" icon on the home page.

Some useful threads on this topic also appear at the bottom of this page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Hitesh,

Send a mail to (Posting of mail ids is against forum rules-hence deleted). stating your problem.Someone wil reply to you with the procedure.

Regards
    Arthi
    Last edited by ambrish.p; 20-01-09 at 11:08 PM. Reason: email id deleted

Name:
    Hitesh Savaliya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    Hitesh,

This is a year old thread - please be careful

If you want to use RTI to find out the status of your IT refund, then file a RTI application as suggested in this thread.

Your assessing officer of your ward/circle is the PIO - the same one to whom you submitted your IT return wherein you claimed refund.

If you want, you can attach a copy of your return form or just quote your PAN number.

Just use the search function available in the green band on top of this page to search for "income tax refund" and you will get many useful threads. Please also visit the Guide section of the forum (RTI Guide) to learn about the What, When, How, Where of an RTI Application. There are some useful links under the "all about RTI" icon on the home page.

Some useful threads on this topic also appear at the bottom of this page.
    Hello Karira,

Thanks for your response.

You mentioned >> If you want, you can attach a copy of your return form or just quote your PAN number.

May you elobrate, please?
    - Hitesh

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

You can attach a copy of your IT return (the one in which you applied for refund) OR just mention your PAN number in the RTI application. This will help the IT department in the linking the application with your refund claim.