Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Help: Indian Customs Rules for Sending gift to someone in India by post

I hope someone will be able to provide me some information about the customs rules about sending small gifts to relatives/friends in India.

I am based in Australia and my cousin sister is getting married, I wish to send her a digital camera from overseas, I am based in Australia, I plan to buy it from ebay and then direct the sellers to dispatch it by courier/post to India.

Can someone tell me how will the customs affect this transaction, or will there be any customs duty payable. The cost of the purchase will be about 240 Australian dollars (Excluding delivery charges).

Please provide me all the neccessary information

Regards,

Sanjeev

› Find content similar to: Help: Indian Customs Rules for Sending gift to someone in India by post

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Help: Indian Customs Rules for Sending gift to someone in India by post

Kindly register and ask this at our sister website Big Helpers. We would like to keep this website largely for issues relating to Right to Information.
    Thank You!

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android