Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can legal adviser answer behalf of public Authority ?

Re: Can legal adviser answer behalf of public Authority ?

Following is the address of DPI, the letter Should be addressed to the C.P.I.O.
    Rather than writing straight to the SIC, it would be better to write the letter to the Director of School Education. In the letter you can ask him to make the PA comply with the oders of the SIC. Do not forget to include a copy of the orders of the SIC. Ask him to get them to give the information to you within a week. Fwd a copy of this to the SIC and the PA. If the information is still not delivered to you, then file your first appeal before the Director.

C.P.I.O
    o/o Director of School Education,
    DPI Campus, Chennai.
    Phone:
    Off : 2827 8796
    Email:dse@tn.nic.in

2. Re: Can legal adviser answer behalf of public Authority ?

Thanks Much..will do the same..

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

You are lucky Darvin, to establish such a good rapport with the SIC that he has gone out of the way to help you. Instead of following above stipulated method, why don't you follow the same method you have successfully tried. Go to the SIC's office, meet the same person, continue to put an innoscent looking face as hitherto been and project the feed back. You are bound to succeed.

4. Re: Can legal adviser answer behalf of public Authority ?

Yes Sir...

I sopke to the Commissionar. He asked me to send the Complaint thru Fax. I did it. Hope he will take the action. Palnning to call him on Monday.

Keep you posted on the updates,

Darvin

5. Re: Can legal adviser answer behalf of public Authority ?

Hi ,

Again come back to you on this.

Thanks for all your input. I have filled the first appeal 22nd Jan with the Tamil Nadu state information commisionar. Below are the sequence of events happend,

- 22nd Jan i filled the first appeal to the State information commission.
    - Waited for 40 days. Haven't got any response.
    - Called state commissionrs office. They asked me to send the reminder to the PA(School HM)
    - Waited for another 40 days.No responce
    - Inform the same to the commissionrs office.
    - After 15 days commisionar send the hearing notice to both the parties(Me and the School HM)
    - Hearing happend on 26th June.
    - Commissionar paased the order on same day.I have received the signed copy on 8th July 2008.
    Order details :
    - The public Authority violated the provisions of Act.The information must be proived with in three days of this order and deliver to the petitionar at his place. His acknowledgement obtained and file to the commission.The information must be provided free of cost and any payment made by the petitionar must be refunded to her.
    - and also he gave three weeks time to give the clarrifications on the why he(PA) refused to provide the information.

It almost 8 months the order has been passed. I have send 4 reminders to the State commisionar.

Hence forth – How should I proceed with this further ? " Shall i approcha media to highlight this. If some one give input that would be great.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

1. You can file a official report of "Non Compliance" of the Commissions order with the SIC under Sec 18(1)(f) of the RTI act.
    2. If you have media contacts, get it highlighted in the media as to how the Public Authorities in Tamil Nadu are not even obeying the orders of the SIC and that SIC is not doing anything about it.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

7. Re: Can legal adviser answer behalf of public Authority ?

Hi Sir,

I am not clear on the first point..Can you please eloborate little bit further ..

// 1. You can file a official report of "Non Compliance" of the Commissions order with the SIC under Sec 18(1)(f) of the RTI act.///

8. Re: Can legal adviser answer behalf of public Authority ?

Basically you need to file another complaint to SIC for non-compliance of its orders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android