Thread: section 8(1)(j)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

section 8(1)(j)

I have asked from DOEACC for the result of a candidate. I have been denied the information on the ground that it is personal to the candidate the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest. I am appealing against it. If any body can provide some case study I shall appreciate. I think the qualification of any person is a matter of public interest lest some body forge a result. Any better argument?

› Find content similar to: section 8(1)(j)

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Re: section 8(1)(j)

u can prefer appeal on this basis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the result is declared, then it is not a confidential thing. Moreover, the result of a person is not a confidential one and is not covered under "the third party information", therefore, the denial of your request is totally unjustified. You must prefer an appeal against this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The resuts are displayed publicly. How can be this a personnal.

rishraM Guest

This denial has become routine . Info commissioners on the other hand are a divided house on this issue. we need to set the house of the CIC in order to ensure none dare to attempt to scuttle the legitimate request .

Name:
    J Singh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would advise a careful study of the linked decision. This might provide you with tips or hints on how to format your qury or appeal. http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_30042007_03.pdf

Name:
    Vijay
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jiwateshwar View Post
    I would advise a careful study of the linked decision. This might provide you with tips or hints on how to format your qury or appeal. http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_30042007_03.pdf
    please repost the link...it seems to be not working

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I started the thread.
    I am sorry that I did not get back.

On first appeal itself, I got the desired information.

Not only from DOEACC, I subsequently got exam results from Universities and boards.

None of them raised third party issue. But some frivolous issues were raised.

But perseverance pays.
    Thanks to all who replied.
    Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast