Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Apply afresh.
Views: 1199 | 18-01-08, 06:57 AM #1
1) I have applied to the PIO State Bank of India seeking information on 22.11.07
2)As no communication has been made to me till 45 days by the PIO as to accept or reject my application, I wrote to the FAA(Chief Gen.Manager,Orissa Circle) a plain application without fees submitting the copies of Form A submitted to the PIO.
3) FAA replies to me by Fax message that, I should aply to the Asst.Central P.I.O. rather than simply PIO. Hence,
i) Whether I should apply afresh alongwith another application fees, just prefixing the words Asst. Central ? which should be done by the Branch Manager ,the designated ACPIO within specific time limit of 30 days.
ii) If I will request to provide the information free of charges due to the lapses on the part of the Branch Manager to my earlier application .
› Find content similar to: Apply afresh.
18-01-08, 11:32 AM #2
Re: Apply afresh.
1. As per the RTI Act, you can apply to the CPIO or the ACPIO.
You have applied to the PIO and that is correct.
2. FAA cannot ask you to reapply to ACPIO.
Please ask FAA to give a "reasoned" order and explain as to under which section
of the RTI Act, he is asking you to reapply to ACPIO.
3. In this letter to FAA , you can ask for information to be supplied free of charge since 30 days are over from the date of your application.