Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pio's insists information seeker to deposit prescribed fee in banks through challan and comman citizen is not aware of any departments treasury code

i m a resident of Haryana,i m facing a problem while applying under rti that mostly pio's insists information seeker to deposit prescribed fee in banks through challan and comman citizen is not aware of any departments treasury code so that many times we can't succeed in depositing fee in banks & getting information.weather we can deposit fee via DD,cheque,postal order.i know they are liable to accept fee in cash but oftenly they refuse on one pretext to other....

› Find content similar to: pio's insists information seeker to deposit prescribed fee in banks through challan and comman citizen is not aware of any departments treasury code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: pio's insists information seeker to deposit prescribed fee in banks through challan and comman citizen is not aware of any departments treasury co

the rules regarding the fees payable with rti application vary from State to State; in Tamilnadu, all one has to do is to affix Rs.10 court fee stamp on the application and really it is very convenient and simple; one can also pay through banks or treasuries in specified head of account which is available at TN government website.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: pio's insists information seeker to deposit prescribed fee in banks through challan and comman citizen is not aware of any departments treasury co

v9dbansal,

The fees and format of payment for RTI applications in Haryana are given at:
    RTI Rules: Right to Information, Govt of Haryana

As per Notification dated 25th July 2006, the mode of payment can be Cash, Treasury Challan, IPO or Bank Draft.

You can:

1. Ask the PIO to give in writing that he is not going to accept cash
    2. Make a RTI Application to the Public Authority to ask why they are not observing the rules of Haryana and accepting Cash, etc....
    3. Pay by IPO, leave the name of the beneficiary in blank and CLEARLY state in the application that the IPO is blank and the PIO is welcome to fill up the details.

In any case as per Section 5(3) the PIO is supposed to offer reasonable assistance to the applicant. This includes informing him as to in whose favour should the payment be made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Bansalji,

I faced this problem while filing RTI with GNIDA, Greater Noida, U.P. The Bankers were confused regarding the 'head' under which they would accept the deposit because the pay in challan did not have any provision for accepting RTI fees. How ever the bankers reluctantly accepted the payment after the manager asked me to superscribe the challan form with the words " RTI FEES" they then simply handled it as a credit transaction to the GNIDA account... that was all that was needed to show that the amount had been paid and credited to GNIDA.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android