Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADVOCACY AT CIC/SIC and NON CONSISTANCY IN JUDGMENTS

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: ADVOCACY AT CIC/SIC and NON CONSISTANCY IN JUDGMENTS

Rajendra,

That is where people like you and me come into the picture.

It is our job to guide those who cannot use RTI themselves.

But, always, make sure that you only "guide" them. Let them draft the application themselves and do all the leg work. If information is finally provided, you should see the look of happiness and confidence in the applicant. Everyone feels satisfied that he himself got a reply with his own efforts with some small guidance and that will give him confidence to follow the RTI process himself, the next time.

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries

Dear Karira,

To some extent and in the given circumstances (present set up of our society including the constitution) you are right.

But I look at the subject in much broader perspective. But I don't want to break the forum rules one bit hence I confined myself to the thread heading. (I thought if I had written all my thoughts it would have been outside the perview of this forum).

Yes, we come into picture in this situation.

Hello friends,
    I think the discussion is going on deviating the main thread. ie. main threads
    a. Non consistency of judgments - hence review of judgments to be incorporated in rules.
    b. Punishments are not invoked in many cases
    c. variations are found between commissioner to commissioner
    All the 3 are inevitable. It will change in due course only. In our government machinery, if we seek help to prepare application, or appeal, then touts will appear and he will charge Rs.10 to 50 per application in front of government offices. Thousands of appeals are pending before SICs.

Like Kariraji's view, the situation will change when more and more applicants are begin to use RTI act, to eradicate corruption. Let us help for the same. More hands will join with us shortly.
    SAMPATH.S.

4. Thumbs down Re: ADVOCACY AT CIC/SIC and NON CONSISTANCY IN JUDGMENTS

If Hon'ble higher courts are committing some wrong, it does not give license to ICs to commit those wrongs with impunity.
    On what grounds can one feel that with the passage of time, the things will improve, while the working at SC, HCs has not and similarly, the scenario of corruption in Judiciary and bureaucracy. Even TERRORISM, against our hopes has been increasing every day and the acclaimed GANDHIAN philosophy had miserably failed culminating in division of India and creating a theocratic state-the factory of terrorists. To argue without any foundation of gradual improvement is nothing but illusion.
    aamaadmi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android