Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Passport problem

1. Passport problem

Iam glad iam a part of this community. Iam a software QA Engineer working in the USA.

I would like to share my experinces as well as gain from other's points of views too.

recently i applied for passport renewal at Hyd Passport office.
    Mine is a short validity (5 years) passport that expired and I was told by teh passport Officer and the guy at the enquiry that I should getmy passport in a few days time.(the officers told me there is no need for police verification)

It has been 15 days now and the online status says Police verification report has not been received!!
    I have made several trips to the PP office and was not allowed to meet the P.R.O nor enter the passport adalat.

I have enquired the police dept and they say my file has not reached the police yet for verification!

ISnt it my right to know what is the corect status of my application t say the least?I want to know what the actual procedure is for renewal of short validty passport.Iam here with my baby in tow and have to travel back asap.can someone help me ?

2. Re: Passport problem

Iam still wiating for someone to help

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Passport problem

You can use the search function at the top of the page and search for "passport" to view all passport related threads.
    RTI can definitely be used to find out the status of ones passport as well as the reasons as to why the delay is so long in your case.

4. Re: Passport problem

Even 'Passport' tag would help you
    passport Threads - Forum Tags by RTI India

5. Re: Passport problem

Hi Sir,

This is Sowmya Vemulapalli.I Have applied for passport in the month of the february 2011.All the police verification has been done,while checking the Passport status i am getting this "It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time" from the past 3 months. Please tell me how to approach to know about my passport status.

My Passport Details are..
    File Reference Number : HYD-Z504061-11
    Application Date : 25-02-2011
    Applicant's Name : SOWMYA VEMULAPALLI
    Applicant's Date of Birth : 12-06-1988

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Twitter: @cjkarira

7. Re: Passport problem

hi,
    I am resident of hyderbad but i am doing my Btech in chennai. As many placements companies are asking for passport details i have applied it in feb 2011 and till date i dont have my passport.

in april i am done with my police verification and in june i got a status that verification is done and passport preparation underway and august i got a status in saying delay in the dispatch but later status said that 21sept 2011 my passport has been dispatched with a postal code but wen i came to hyderabad after my exams and checked my status it is BLANK.

i made severals rounds to passport office and even tired to attend PASSPORT ADALAT but they never let me in.

i even mailed my problem to RPO delhi but i dont have any reply from anyone.

now that i have to go back to chennai for resume my education...can anyine help me out to get my passport.

regards
    rohit
    HYD-H00542111

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Please be guided by the link in post # 6 above.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast