Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation of Parliamentary Commitee

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

Recommendation of Parliamentary Commitee

One of the feelers recommended by the Parliamentary Commitee " to do away with inital fee of Rs.10/" if accepted is likely to cause a far reaching impact in the present style of functioning of public authorities.

With the IT revelution and e-governance presently most of the government offices are computerised. I think almost all offices at level of District Collectorate and above do have e-mail id with internest facility. But at least in this part of our country, one does not get any response from the innumerable e-mail ids displayed though the messages do not bounce. Presently such public authorities are not accountable to their non-response to e-mails. Believe it or not. Even the Chief Minister, Ministers and District Collectors do not respond to e-mail requests in this part.

When no prescribed fee is required, one can easily file an RTI request to most of the public authorities by e-mail. No one will be able to deny receipt of the request. The 30 or often 35 days clock will start immediatley. Most of the offices will be flooded with such RTI requests. The cituation will be worsened when this facility is availed by public servants who are well placed to use this facility with no liability when rest of the WE THE PEOPLE OF INDIA will be running from pillar to post to file an application and making the PIO accept it.

I do not know whether the committe has visualised this cituation

2. Re: Recommendation of Parliamentary Commitee

Even today, babus can file applications as Rs.10/- is nothing for them, when U take into account number 1 & 2 income. Suggestion is really good and will make procedure simple, cheap and fast. Some cyber cafe boys should learn how to help e-filing of RTI applns. That would be a good service and they can charge small amount for e-filing of RTI applications. We actually need directory of email IDs of various state govt and central govt depts.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

3. Re: Recommendation of Parliamentary Commitee

I had experience of Kolkata Municipal Corporation, where first appeal is accepted , while it is sent through e-mail: but on the other part the Dept. of Co operation ( mostly non- cooperative) does not bother about e-mails. Even other Govt. Dept did not at all respond to e-mails sent to them, though mails did not bounce back. So what will be the situation, I do not know. One point is there if it is obligatory to accept applications through e-mails , they should follow it.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Recommendation of Parliamentary Commitee

Filing of RTI applications by email will lead to more junk emails.
    My humble opinion.

5. Re: Recommendation of Parliamentary Commitee

sirs,

I suggest e-mail application along with manual. so that e-mail application which is fast should be considered for counting the time.

rakatkam.

Hello RTIians,

Filing RTI Application through e-mail is not a practical method as matters stand today in the absence of poor e-governance initiatives by the State & Central Govts.

Just because the initial fees are done away with, it does not provide for a Carte blanche for info seekers to file as much RTI Application by click of a button.

As suggested by KARIRA it will all go to Junk Bin.

For e-filling of RTI Application to be successful there has to be a centralized agency to receive, acknowledge and distribute/forward the applications to the intended PIOs.

Another easier way to file RTI Applications is to use a Common Post card or a (Special Post Card/Stamp to be introduced for RTI purpose only) under postal certificate (UPC).

But the best method still remains the Hand Delivery notwithstaning the Hassles involved.

Sidharth

7. Re: Recommendation of Parliamentary Commitee

sidmis ji,

I totally agree with you, but e-mail applications should be encouraged. In first step it can be told that e-mail along with physical application should be suggested, and the time count for supply of information should be e-mail one as it is instant.

rakatkam.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

It appears another political stunt. Kindly go through the recommendation once again. The payment is not scrapped. They have only differred. Instead of advance payment one need to pay only when one receive the information. To me, it is another anticipatory bail. This means the PIO is bailed out from his contractual obligation to provide the information for which one has paid in advance. By scrapping the advance payment system the Parliamentary Committee has bailed out the PIOs from the contractual obligation. It is another step towards the grave of RTI Act 2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android