0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

Misuse of ICICI card. PLEASE HELP !!

Hi Folks,
    Last friday (25 Jan 2008), I received an SMS on my mobile saying that some transaction worth Rs 16000-odd, Rs 13000-odd, 4000-odd totalling to Rs 39932 has been made. One of the payments was made to Eseva, and I'm not sure where the other amounts were spent on.

The card has been lying with my wife for almost an year without being used. The card is with my wife, without even being signed by her.

When i called them last friday after receiving this message, they said the phone number has been incorrectly entered in someone else's profile, and they have removed it.

Some folks from ICICI Mumbai called me yesterday (29 Jan) 08, and said they are suspecting some misuse.
    I have raised a complaint (thro' phone and thro' email) with ICICI customercare. Since the card is not with the person misusing it, it is ONLY thro' internet that they could've misused it.

Should I go to cybercrime branch of my city ? IS there anything else I should do from my side to prove that it is not us that have used this card.

The bank customer-care folks are not giving out the details of the merchant and for what purpose the card was used. Is there anything i can do to get this information ?

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

› Find content similar to: Misuse of ICICI card. PLEASE HELP !!

Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    23 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)
    16 Post(s)

Re: Misuse of ICICI card. PLEASE HELP !!

Hello Shankar,
    Kindly ask your query at Big Helpers, and we would be happy to help you. Here we only focus upon RIght to Information issue.

Thank You!

Closing the thread.

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android