Thread: Confused with the reply of PIO

1. Hi

I have asked for information under RTI from PIO (District Marketing Enforcement Officer (DMEO)) Haryana State Agriculture Marketing Board (HSAMB) related to one of their employee...

PIO replied saying that there is no such employee posted in his Juridiction and asked me contact Chief Administrator HSAMB for any further information within 30days

Now Haryana Marketing Board...

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="trnm"><td colspan="4" valign="top">Appellate Authority against the order of Secretary, Public Information Officer, Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board, Panchkula.
    </td></tr><tr class="trnm"><td colspan="2" valign="top">1.
    </td><td colspan="2" valign="top">Chief Administrator
    </td><td valign="top" width="274">Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board, C-6, Sector-6, Panchkula
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Where as

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="trnm"><td colspan="2" valign="top">5
    </td><td colspan="4" valign="top">
    Appellate Authority against the order of District Marketing Enforcement Officer, Public Information Officer, Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board
    </td></tr><tr class="trnm"><td colspan="2" valign="top">3
    </td><td colspan="2" valign="top">Zonal Administrator
    </td><td valign="top" width="274">Haryana State Agricultural Marketing Board, Karnal

I am not sure

1. Should I approach Zonal Administrator or Chief Administrator ?

2. Should I approach him with application seeking the same information about the employee as sent to PIO (DMEO) or shall I approach him as appellate Authority ???

Please suggest...
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

It is confirmed that Employee works with the same Department at the same place as PIO is... since me and employee has involved in some case and in High court he has filed an affidavit that he has been working the same department and at same place where we sent the RTI application...

Affidavit is filed is combined one from him and his family (Sister, father and brother)..

Re: Confused with the reply of PIO

From the information posted by you in three installments, one could gather that the concerned person, say, 'X' is working in the office of the DMEO only. But the PIO in the office of DMEO says that there is no such employee in their office. You obviously feel that it is a wrong information. Providing wrong information also is as bad as not providing information under the RTI. Therefore, you can make an appeal to the Appellate Authority. IF even that fails, you can approach the Information Commission.

3. Re: Confused with the reply of PIO

Do I need to approach Chief Administrator as suggested by DMEO or Zonal administrator defined as appellate authority for DMEO as per link provided

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Confused with the reply of PIO

Puneet,

1. File the First Appeal with the officer who is shown as the FAA in the PIO's reply.
    Do not go by the website since the reply of the PIO should contain the correct
    details of the FAA.

2. If you have a copy of the affidavit, then you can also attach that to your First Appeal to highlight the fact that the information given to you is incorrect.

(Are you sure that the employee has not left the department since you filed the RTI application ?)

5. Re: Confused with the reply of PIO

Please help in drafting the letter to FAA... If some has any format please let share the same...

U can mail me at .........................
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 30-01-08 at 10:36 PM.

6. Re: Confused with the reply of PIO

Dear puneet.bansal,,
    Please do not post live email links in this forum. I have deleted the same from your post.
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 30-01-08 at 10:38 PM.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

7. Re: Confused with the reply of PIO

for first appeal if your state has not prescribed any form, you can use form for first appeal given in my blog, alternatively, visit website of scic of your state and apply in the prescribed form
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android