Thread: No Reply from Haryana Police

1. Hi

I have sent the application under RTI to Haryana Police, SPIO/SAPIO on 23 Oct 2007 and has not received any reply from him...

Please suggest the procedure... DO I need to send the same to SPIO now and then move to appellate authority or I can directly move to Appellate authority.

Regards

Puneet

Actually I have sent it to DSP who is SAPIO where as I have sent to him as PIO... Is there going to be any issue... I have not received my letter back from Office sent thru Registered Post... I have received the Acknowledgement w/o stamp but signed for the same and has the registry slip...

Now how should I proceed....

State Public Information Officers/ State Asstt Public Information Officer , District Supdts of Police, DSP Office, Police HQ, Sirsa - 125055
    Subject: Request for Information under Right to Information Act 2005
    Sir,
    • No. of dowry harrassment cases registered in your Area under sec 498A/406/506/34 since Jan’06.
    • While registering FIR for Dowry harrasment cases, Is the Dowry Prohibition Act 1961 followed.
    • Is Dowry Prohibition Act followed in Dowry Harrassment cases, are only against the Girl inlaws Family?
      • If no, Please mention the number the cases registered against Girls’ Family along with/without her In Laws Family since Jan’06
    • Please provide the true copy of one of such cases
    1. How much amount an individual can spend as per Haryana State Law in the Marriage of Her Daughter?
    2. How is it determined by Police that whether the Movable or immovable property or cash transacted at time of marriage is given as Gift / Dowry / Istridhan
    3. When Girl or her family claims huge Money to be spent during the marriage, does the police verify the claims after receiving the complaint. (If yes, provide answer to point (a))<o></o>
    1. Please provide the details of the process followed to check for the amount claimed.
    2. Does the documents / proofs provided as a part of (a) are part of the chargesheet
    3. If a complaint is closed at one place. On what basis, the complaint of same type is entertained between two same parties at another place, even if the two same parties haven’t resided together following the first complaint.<o></o>
    1. What is the basis of providing the TA/DA to the investigation officer?
    2. Who all can accompany the Investigation Officer
    3. Please provide the full details for the TA / DA elligibility for the investigation officer.
    Please provide true copy for all the information above

DSP is SAPIO where as I have sent the regd post as PIO, DSP Office...
    I have not received my letter back from Office sent thru Registered Post...

I have received the Acknowledgement w/o stamp but signed and has the registry slip issued by Post office..

I this case Can I move to Appellate Authority for not providing the information...

2. Re: No Reply from Haryana Police

You may file for first Appeal under State RTI Act
    RTI India Network Staff Member

3. Re: No Reply from Haryana Police

no reply within the stipulated period of 30 days is deemed refusal; so, you have to move straightaway to first appeal without wasting time.

4. Re: No Reply from Haryana Police

who has not been given a response to a request for information or access to information within the time limit specified under this Act;
    Under Section 18 (1) (C), not providing information in the stipulated time leads to complaint directly to CIC/SIC

Read the Act here: http://act.rtiindia.info

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android