M.J.S.Murthy
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

Quote Originally Posted by Pulivarthi Narasimhulu View Post
    In most of the nationalised banks that I have visited so far there is no board exihibited informing the designation of the Asst. CPIO, CPIO and A.A. To whom I have to complaint against those banks i.e., whether CIC, RBI or the Head office of the concerned bank.
    If the public sector banks have not displayed the names of Asst. CPIO, CPIO and AA, it is better to address RTI application directly to the CMD of the Bank under certificate of posting / registered post. Automatically the Office of the Chairman & Managing Director will ensure that your application goes to the CPIO of the Bank and also he may direct the department concerned to ensure that the names of CPIO, Asst CPIO and AA are prominently displayed in every branch of the bank apart from putting in their web site.

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjsmurthy View Post
    If the public sector banks have not displayed the names of Asst. CPIO, CPIO and AA, it is better to address RTI application directly to the CMD of the Bank under certificate of posting / registered post.
    Will you please start first in Banglore with 'Canara Bank' H.O. in Banglore? There address is:
    Head Office: Canara Bank,
    Head Office, No. 112, J C Road,
    Bangalore–560002.

PIO's address:
    Sri. A. Raveendran
    Public Information Officer
    Assistant General Manager
    Head Office: Canara Bank,
    RIA Section, Strategic Planning & Development Wing,
    Head Office, No. 112, J C Road,
    Bangalore–560002.
    This is as given on web and from my application to them in other matter.

If you get the correct or action oriented reply without need for FA then I shall be very happy to read this in 'success story'
    Apart from RTI requirement, there are 3 circulars from RBI for Notice Boards and still banks have neglected the same. Just see the thick skin of Banks. Take a practical experience. You can post your copy to MD/Chairman on above address.

I am posting the circular numbers:
    DBOD.No.Leg.BC.30 /09.07.005/2007-08 dt. 03/09/2007 (Talwar Committee)
    DBOD.No. Leg. BC. 33 /09.07.005/2008-09 dt. 22/08/2008 (Notice Boards)
    DBOD.No.Leg.BC.24 /09.07.005/2009-10 dt. 21/07/2009 (For redressal of complaints)

All are related to notice boards and for bank customers. You can find these on RBI site in Circular part. I am following it with RBI with sample reply to RTI application.
    Join for this necessity and facility really needed for customer. In many banks even there are no "May I Help You" boards!

I hope you bring at least ONE bank in our country following the rules in our "Success Story"
    Last edited by sharadphadke; 08-07-10 at 08:20 AM. Reason: missing field added

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

As stated in post #16, I visited Bank of India, Laxmi Road Branch, Pune for inspection under Section 4. There was no co operation from bank manager as expected. Most funny part of this scenario was he had forwarded my request to his superior authority considering this to be normal RTI application and informed me I will get the answer in 30 days! There was no fees of Rs10/- with the application! He bluntly informed me they (Bank) don't allow even Police for any kind of inspection like this. If you want inspection I have to get permission from higher authorities. This CAPIO was totally ignorant about RTI Act what a pity for this public sector.
    Now I am filing a complain to CIC under section 18. Yesterday I could not search through Firefox it was getting closed when pressing back button for getting old judgments for this section. I could see but could not download or save. Today I will try through IE.
    I am thinking of placing full case here so other members can know how to apply and other part also, which will guide them in inspection under this section.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Sharad Phadke,

Use the attached citation of the CIC for inspection for Sec 4 compliance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Thanks Karira I could manage downloading the file you have given and I shall be using it.
    Before sending the appeal I shall try convincing PA by meeting him.

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I have found a one more CIC decision in many cases on Section 4 issue held together where in it is clearly stated personal document inspection. I am visiting Bank Manager's boss and show this and ask to pass a necessary action for this.
    The Judgment attached below.
    important-LS-09042009-10.pdf

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

rajub,

Not only with IC SM, but with each and every IC you have to be to the point and blunt.
    You have to establish your authority over the IC within the first two minutes.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Sharad S. Phadke
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Finally uploaded 1+4 files which were parmitted and filed a on line complaint. Gave lot of problem in advice copy past if complaint details available. Started crying special charactors not allowed. Tried to remove but was not successful. Finally managed to write without full stop and complaint was accepted.
    Complaint No.:RC/UG/10/8664xx0o
    Posting bunch by SpeedPost A.D. tomorrow.
    Copy posted to bank.
    Took about 1 hour
    Last edited by sharadphadke; 20-07-10 at 06:46 PM. Reason: time added

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android