Topic Identifier

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligation of Public Authorities

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

Quote Originally Posted by sharadphadke View Post
    Posting bunch by SpeedPost A.D. tomorrow.
    Copy posted to bank.
    Took about 1 hour
    You dont have to send the whole bunch signed by Speed Post to the CIC.

After you file a complaint a pdf receipt would have been generated in pdf format.
    It will be one or two pages.
    Just sign under the word "Verified" at the bottom of those two pages (or one page) and put the date.

Just send those one or two pages pdf receipt print out - not the whole complaint.

Twitter: @cjkarira

Quote Originally Posted by betterlife View Post
    India's National Standards Body, Bureau of Indian Standards, headed by an IAS officer, has not provided complete information as required by Section 4 of RTI Act on its website. Whatever information has been provided is not updated. It has not sent the information to CIC after 31 March 2006. CIC should take stringent action against Heads of such Public Authorities.
    And if the Central Information Commission is not providing correct information on its website? Whom will you complain?

in delhi govt. it is mandatory for all the public authorities to keep update all the RTI appications and its replies on the RTI portal of delhi government but only a few are doing inspite of this when i apporach to CIC to issue necessory directions but nothing has been done till date . what we hope from CIC when they themselves not updating RTI applications and its replies on the website................ is any body there to check all this practice?????

Since you have personally verified and noted this deficiency, a beginning can be made by putting this in the notice of the head of the concerned public authority in writing. Thereafter, perhaps you may post your complaint on an appropriate portal in the web, that may inspire others to take similar actions. A few complaints put on record like this may start bringing about a change in the situation. If we simply cry foul and do not act, nothing is going to change (no offence meant).

Name:
    PRAKASH.
    Blog Entries

kindly send case studies relating to order passed by cic regarding excess fee claimed

Dear all,
    For the benefit of members I am once again uploading CIC's latest directive to all public authorities on compliance of Section 4 provisions. I am also uploading Maharashtra ICs identical directive pursuant to the directive issued by the CIC. Send a copy of the CIC directive as annexure with the application itself and ask for reasons for not complying with the provisions of the statute which had cast mandatory obligation on them to do so as on 12th October 2005. In fact the two directives attached were issued when rampant non-compliance of Section 4 was brought to the notice of the CIC. Once the directive is attached it works. I have done it successfully in Mumbai. Happy information seeking.
    Ketan Modi
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bapu

I have asked this point under Section 4 (1) (d) to Chairman Bank of India with a copy of CIC and the order passed by CIC in my case.

After 15 days I have put a follow up RTI for notes margin notes movement etc. etc to the Bank.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android