Topic Identifier

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Obligation of Public Authorities

Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

Please go through the thread:

Incorrect information by CPIO of Central Information Commission

Recording of the suo-moto declarations under Sec 4 by CIC as on 26.11.2010 are given in the thread.

The shortcomings in Sec 4 complaince were brought to notice of CIC by Sh. Karira in Jan. 2010 and in Feb. 2010, CIC issued a circular directing various officers to update the suo-moto declarations periodically. But from Feb. 2010, till at least 26.11.2010, it was never updated.

Interestingly, CPIO of CIC claims in a reply to RTI application that CIC has completed Sec 4 requirements prior to 15.9.2010.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by changethechangers View Post
    The shortcomings in Sec 4 complaince were brought to notice of CIC by Sh. Karira in Jan. 2010 and in Feb. 2010, CIC issued a circular directing various officers to update the suo-moto declarations periodically. But from Feb. 2010, till at least 26.11.2010, it was never updated.
    I am still at it - following up as usual.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries

S. 4 implementation is very poor , almost uniformly , through out the country . Information Commissions are to be blamed for this state of affairs . I fail to understand what they are waiting for it to be implemented .

Because they are politically committed.

Even renowned professional publications have relationship with content developers/agencies. These agencies do the ghost writing/management on their behalf under dedicated contracts.

In specific context of RTI, an efficient, honest, dedicated RTI chief is all that will take to bring in the desired result in that office. Maybe society can feed one more chieftain. But not so many mouths on whatever pErmanent roll it be. There are lethal internal squabbles as well. One mouth bites the other. All in all, it needs new work culture. If stunts, politics, arm twisting, inefficiency, inability etc is conclusively proven, apt action should be taken then and there irrespective of who, what.

Let the spade be called spade and nothing less. So called governMINT itself needs to be revamped top to bottom, irrespective of the departMINT. One has to know how so called OFFicials got their jobs at the first instance. One has to see what they do to hold on, keep getting proMOSHUNS one after the other and keep advancing on and on and on. 6th pay commission, so much of pErmanence, for that matter very recruitment, creation of posts are all highly defective, cancerous, rather crime on mild, tollerant populace that Indians are. It is these that have to be tackled.

These are all very magnanimous risky tasks, especially in context of some strange politics, greed that is being promoted by one and all. TEAchers, vested interests, politicians etc swindle THOUSANDS and LAKHS of CRORES, that too in dozens of activities, all without any hindrance!!!! One or two honest individuals do face lots of hardships. It is time to stop the nuisance of pErmanence once for all, whatever be the departMINT.

Perhaps RTI might have to be strengthened to cover the head/s of the organisation, subunits, subdivisions etc and responsibilities have to be fixed at other levels too rather than limiting the liability clause to PIO alone.

RTI volunteers, patriots should ensure that governMINT adminstrative acts are modified and that burden of pErmanence, 6th pay commission etc that they are thrusting on common man whether he likes/wants it or not are wiped off.

Perhaps, what needs to be done is to come up with content development firms that exclusively handle RTI. It would be wise to modify RTI act to enable professional content development, periodic updating.

As for me, I have not followed developments in RTI during the time period that has been mentioned. But, I am sure hiccups in content, content updating is definitely solvable, whatever be the organisation, wherever it be, whatever be the language. A will is needed in the setup. That is all.

P.suresh, nothing could be understood to me, congarts for your bomabrding english.

It is heart felt pain. I have not bombarded. Nevertheless, I got to confess that I got bombarded now. If you need a brief, let me do that.

I am suggesting 'Content providers' as solution for the problem that RTI is facing in uploading its information. I suggest that PIOs should not depend, rather have many OFFishials. It will improve efficiency, accountability, performance.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pcbali View Post
    P.suresh, nothing could be understood to me, congarts for your bomabrding english.
    What he means is that the process of Sec 4(1)(b) should be outsourced.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android