P. Suresh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

I think this suggestion is a revolution in itself. Definitely good thinking by bali ji.

Yes, why not add one more obligation to the PA in the RTI act itself? - i.e. Why not make it PA's obligation to digitise all of its dak? I am sure it is a worthwhile investment as far as Government is concerned.

› Find content similar to: Obligation of Public Authorities

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Quoted
    Post(s)

Factually, It is found that in Dispatch Register of all PAs, some blank spaces are intentionally left to show the dispatch in old date, when ever needed to befool the public or to make fraudulent acts, justifying that the dispatch of a communication was in time, while actually the dispatch of that communication is much late. This is most common in RTI cases, when PIO send a reply much after 30 days times, but put the dispatch number of old dates where such blank spaces are available. Now it is totally impossible for the recipient to confirm that the dispach was late. I have seen when a PIO made an affidavit that the communication was sent in time, but by ordinary mail. My all pleadings could not prove him to had been late. The electrnicv diary and dispatch can totally overcome this lacuna.

Name:
    P. Suresh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very true. All these happen only because PA has, keeps on and on and on adding too many INNOVATORS. La-de-crème brains work, work at cheating alas!

Well, it is time to give a thinking on what comprises PA. Very recruitment of almost 99% is questionable. pErmanence has added all sorts of complexities. Strong policies are a must. Else, society will keep on getting sucked up on and on and on the way it has been happening. We don't need new PAs, laws/rules/BILLs etc. We need accountability; employees of high integrity, caliber, dedication, patriotism and the like.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Quoted
    Post(s)

What then, if the PA is making the summary information of three lines" The record to this point lies in office. Any one see it with prior approval. Copies can be obtained"

Name:
    M.J.S.Murthy
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agee with the veterans observations. It is time that all correspondance, notes, observations etc and even the recruitment, promotion processes in public sector should be elctronically maintained to minimise corruption, favouritism or control creating records with back dates. I myself faced similar problems while getting back dated replies from Public sector Banks, manipulative notes, tampering of official documents, recruitment scams, defective promotion system/policies and inquiry methodology to protect the culprits and implicating the innocents. This can be minimised with the introduction of electronically recording the events and making them compulsory in all public sector organisations.

Name:
    P. Suresh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pcbali View Post
    What then, if the PA is making the summary information of three lines" The record to this point lies in office. Any one see it with prior approval. Copies can be obtained"
    Well this will not happen, rather cannot happen once all these are digitised. All these will as well be made available online:
    1. Office itself will be online.
    2. All will be online. Where is the question of anyone seeing it in private?
    3. No copies are required as they will be available online.

--------xxxxxxxxx-------------

Quote Originally Posted by mjsmurthy View Post
    ............This can be minimised with the introduction of electronically recording the events and making them compulsory in all public sector organisations.
    Well, this can be minimised. But, black sheep will definitely try to derail individuals and derail the system itself. Dishonesty of various sorts is...............

Name:
    Nancy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think this many people are facing this type of problem these days.

Name:
    Narendra.Parvatikar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is the remedy to enforce the obligation of Proactive disclosure where a Public Authority has failed to do so?

Debt Recovery Tribunals in India are Public Authority. However, Proactive disclosure is not made by them. Can a complaint against such non compliance lie directly to Central Information Commission? What is the mode for enforcement of the obligation by a Public Authority?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast