Topic Identifier

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Obligation of Public Authorities

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

There are two methods:

1. File a RTI application with the public authority asking for information that they have disclosed under Sec 4(1)(b)

2. File a direct complaint with the CIC, as per some of the formats available here: https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/45738-...c-rti-act.html

Twitter: @cjkarira

Under subsection 1(d) of section 4 of R.T.I. Act 2005, is quoted caterically that It is obligatory duty of a public authority to provide reasons of its administrative and quasi-judicial decisions but unfortunately no reason is being provided on filmsy grounds even after more than six years from the date of enforcement of R.T.I. Act 2005.

Hon'ble members. R.T.I. Act 2005 was enacted by the highest rule making body of India to enhance transparency and accountability in the working of public authority. It is about seven years passed since the date when transparency act came into force. How much shameful for these public authorities that they did not comply the provision of subsection 1(b) of section 4 of R.T.I. Act 2005 ie voluntary disclosure of information. More surprising is that even transparency panel is not keeping its website update. Even for simple information seeker has to submit RTI communique and used to run from pillar to post. Tendency of non disclosure of information is causing huge backlog of cases in the information commissions. Commissions itself are adopting lackadaisical approach and procrastination in redressing the grievance as ipsofacto obvious.

4. Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

Quote Originally Posted by changethechangers View Post
    And if the Central Information Commission is not providing correct information on its website? Whom will you complain?
    yes for example
    In CIC web site the IC'S asset details informed. The CIC it self violating the rules

5. Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

The Act casts important obligation on public authorities so as to facilitate the citizens or the country to access the information held under their control.

6. Re: Obligation of Public Authorities

99 % websites including PMO, Presidents Office do not given the duty list of their group C employees as per RTI act every employee means all employees. The detailed duty list must be given to avoid the corruption.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android