Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RTI act 2005 i need help

respected sir,

i had previously asked for help regarding RTI act 2005 . sir, i have few questions for which i need your help. I had written to banking OMBUDSMAN to which i had got a reply that i need to address my complaint in a specific format , can you help me with the same , when i appeal before the CIC do i have to send a postal order ?? is it the 2nd appeal ??( have already got a reply from the appellate authority) , in my complaint to banking OMBUDSMAN can i ask for compensation against the Bank for mental harassment and deficiency in service ? if i were to approach the consumer forum for relief is there a jurisdiction?? can i approach court in the place i live ? since the bank in question is in the state of Goa and i am from Udupi (karnataka ) ,

best wishes

› Find content similar to: RTI act 2005 i need help

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Re: RTI act 2005 i need help

Pl refer private message to you.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

@jp,
    As Pankra has asked for help in the forum, may I request you to post the solution in this thread itself. Other members would benefit by it too.
    Thank You!

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Half a dozen questions all paked in a single post and only one of them related to RTI. Well, for the appeal before the CIC, there is no need to pay any fees and ofcourse it is treated as a second appeal, since you have already made the first one to the AA of the bank concerned and not satisfied with the reply.

Regarding Banking Ombudsman, please refer to the detailed guidelines available at Reserve Bank of India.

Rest of the matters, I would prefer to have the same raised at our sister site, Big Helpers, as this portal is exclusively devoted to RTI matters.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ombudsman [lok pal] will investigate into your complaint and advise corrective measures; he has the powers of a civil court but he can only recommend compensation but cannot grant compensation for deficiency of service. as of now, it is not a very strong institution; better way is, if you think you have a strong case, to approach the consumer forum for compensation ; you may file the case at your place; the local forum has jurisdiction ordinarily but in the case of some contracts, who will have jurisdiction is provided in the terms itself. other questions have been answered by learned members.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Originally Posted by jps50
    pl visit https://reservebank.org.in/compltindex.htm for efiling complaint with banking ombudsman. U can claim compensation. If not satisfied with it, U can also approach Consumer Forum of your district. U need visit Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Centre or consumerhelpline.in or advantageconsumer.com or fcamin.nic.in or ncdrc.nic.in for consumer protection act and procedure. Even in Second Appeal to CIC U can claim compensation for delay in supplying info.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thank u you all

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android