Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Property Card not provided

1. Question Property Card not provided

I had applied to District collector Mumbai City for the Copy of Property Card of my building in which I am residing.
    I was turned down by the collectors office. They told me that there is tax of Rs. 6,000 pending on property for which I am asking property card.
    They told me that they are issuing property card only to those property whose taxes are nil.
    Now my argument is, I had already paid my all rent to my land lord and My land lord is not paying tax, for which I am deprived of the property card.
    Is District collector right in not giving me property card or is there any law which states that property card should be issued only those property whose taxes are nil
    Can RTI, help me in these case...?

2. Re: Property Card not provided

I feel that the collector is right in refusing the property card. Is there any lease agreement ? Is the landlord bound by the agreement to settle such issues ? If at all you want to use RTI you can ask the collector's office for copies of rules and regulations govening the issue of property card only to those owners who have paid their tax dues in full. Good luck.

3. Re: Property Card not provided

In my opinion, the issue needs to be resolved between you and the land lord.
    * Do you have an agreement with the land lord?
    * Whether such payments are explicitly covered under the agreement
    * Even if those are not explicitly covered, is he issuing a receipt showing the tax component separately.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

4. Re: Property Card not provided

nile0611, as taxes remain to be paid, the stand taken by the collector's office is right. whenever we approach the public authorities for any service, they advise us to pay all the outstanding dues. so what you can do is pay the taxes all by yourself and charge it to the landlord; that is deduct the tax from the rent and pay only the remainder.

5. Re: Property Card not provided

As advised by Latelearner I use RTI to ask the collector's office for copies of rules and regulations governing the issue of property card only to those owners who have paid their tax dues in full.
    PIO instead of giving me the reply he just sent me standard form which is used to get property card and said the application is disposed off.
    I sent my appeal through Speed Post AD but unfortunately they sent it back the address was correct as the same was taken from Website.
    My question if an appellant authority is not accepting appeal what should be done. Can a appellant be penalised under RTI act.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Property Card not provided

Nile,

Please see the following thread:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3136-a...thorities.html
    Twitter: @cjkarira

7. Re: Property Card not provided

Under RTI PIO can refuse papers/information under section 8 only. You may file second appeal to SIC stating interalia that you are a bonafide tenant and you have paid your property taxes to the land lord. You cannot be denied information for fault of your landlord under RTI Act and as a tenant you are entitled to such information/property card.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

8. Re: Property Card not provided

You can now have access to your property card online if you know the C.S No. and division under which your building is located in Mumbai which you can get from your society. Please log onto the Mumbai city website at Official Website of Mumbai City Collectorate and go to the property card online section.
    Good Luck !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android