Thread: infromation regarding telephone details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

infromation regarding telephone details

i am a house owener in ahmedabad. i have one tenant i give two room in my house.my tenant take one bsnl landline in same place i request to bsnl give me information tenant telephone docutment. but bsnl replay to us "it is to inform you that you had asked the information of T.no. ---------- related to other subscriber. this is third party infomation, hance under section 8 (1) (J) of RTI act,2005 the same cannot be supplied." i asked how can i m third party bsnl givie telephone on my rent agreemant. and i m owener of my house. please give us some idies regarding so i can take infomation regarding telephone and i take copy from bsnl.

› Find content similar to: infromation regarding telephone details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: infromation regarding telephone details

gir 5999, the telephone standing in the name of your tenant is his property and you are a third party as far that telephone is concerned. hence, the stand taken by the telephone department is correct according to Sec 8(1)(j) of RTI act. however, if you can clarify what kind of details you want regarding your tenant's telephone, we may be able to provide better guidance.

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hello gir5999,

What kind of information you are seeking? If you are seeking Call Details etc., then those information are off-limits to you.

But you can seek any other information apart from above since the phone lines are given on your property.

So instead of seeking information on the Tenant's Telephone No., you can seek information from BSNL about the Telephone lines supplied by BSNL on your property. Then you will be first party and BSNL should provide you some of the information.

Sidharth
    Last edited by sidmis; 01-02-08 at 07:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your replay i want xerox copy of those document sumbited Tenant's time of application. if yes please give some gide who can i received xerox copy and under which secation.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I dont think you can get the xerox copy of the application and the documents attached to that. It may fall under the exemptions provided under Sec 8(1)(e) as well as Sec 8(1)(J). If any portion of the application and attachments thereto do not fall under the exemptions, they may be severed and provided to you under Sec 10 of the Act.