Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babus misuse RTI Act

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries

Re: Babus misuse RTI Act

Babus do not cease to be a citizen?
    Every applicant uses RTI ACt-2005 to seek info for a purpose though he/she need to spell out the same in the application.
    The question is why one would seek info at all?

2. Re: Babus misuse RTI Act

Dear shri nk agrawal
    I beg to differ. Applicant seeking information need not spell out the reason for seeking the information in the application Babus by virtue of indian citizenship have got the govt. job and not vice versa and hence they have got first right to seek the information. It is different thing if most of them - I repeat not all- seek information for their personal benefit. But this habit of seeking information by Govt.employees will go long way in improving the effieciency,infrastructure and transperency which is good for fair and effective governance

In fact babus have got real forum of RTI which is the chepeast one to expose corrupt/inefficient elements in administration.I know elements in administration occupying strategic position have developed such a thick skin to process the representation from own staff for the redressal of grievances. Secondly it becomes time consuming and costly affair to secure the redressal of their grivance from the legal channel giving rise to frustration
    I failed to understand as to why government is not adopting latest technology of incorporating the minute details of the administration in the internet which will bring about transperency and good governance besides reducing the work load of Information commissioners

Name:
    NK Agarwal
    Blog Entries

We both really have no disagreement on the issue.
    The only prerequisite to use RTI Act-2005 is that the person has to be an Indian citizen, i believe.
    It does not matter one is in service or not in service.
    The information seeker is only known as an "applicant".

This is good thread where I may submit my views. No dobout the purpose of RTI may be for disclosure of activities of public servants with regards to society. How useful if RTI is being used by Babus?
    1.We know public servants are not only working for general public but also for public servants. The public servants may initiate the use of RTI act.
    2. Our constitution is based on theme that any decision is taken by five people it will not be biased because difference of opnion will be existed between five people. If Babus will use RTI there is more possiblity of disclosure of corruption or irregular practices.
    3. When public servant himself is not getting justice how we may expect justice from him for others.
    We must favour the use of RTI by Babus. May be CIC will have to work more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android