CIC decides to Bring out Manual of Central Information Commission
A Manual on Central Information Commission is to be published soon by the Commission. No target date has been fixed & no further details available about the content of the proposed Manual*.
This was decided on the 15.1.2008 meeting of the Commissioners.
It's also not known who shall be target audience of the proposed manual.
But manual should target the CPIOs & Appellate Authorities first.
Apart from the Manual, the commissioners also decided on the following issues.
- A format directing the CCA to attach salary of a public servant in case of imposition of penalty by the Commission has been approved.
- A directive of the Commission for appointing CPIO/AA by Delinquent Public Authorities will be uploaded on the website of the Commission which be will a guideline for the public authorities in this regard.
Full Text version is reproduced here.Minutes of the meeting of the Commission held on 15.1.2008
A. Shri Wajahat Habibullah, Chief Information Commissioner
B. Shri A. N. Tiwari, Information Commissioner
C. Prof. M. M. Ansari, Information Commissioner
D. Dr. O.P. Kejariwal, Information Commissioner
E. Smt. Padma Balasubramanian, Information Commissioner
E. JS (S), JS (TK), Deputy Secretary (PP), US (DCS), US (G S) assisted the Commission.
Agenda item 1: Compliance of the minutes of the meeting dated 04.12.2007 & 18.12.2007
1. The Commission was apprised of the compliance of the minutes of the
meeting held on 4.12.2007 and 18.12.2007.
A format directing the CCA to attach salary of a public servant in case of
imposition of penalty by the Commission has been approved. JS (S) will ensure that
minor modification, which was suggested by the Commission, is incorporated
Agenda item 2: Discussion on issues raised by IC (K)
2. The Commission discussed the statement on petitions received and their monthly disposals. The Commission desired that there is a need for periodical review of components of information matrix in respect of petitions received disposed and alike. The Secretariat can seek guidance from Prof. M M Ansari, IC in this regard.
The Commission was apprised of frequent power failures at Old JNU Campus. Commission directed that suitable arrangements for power back up be made so that the work at the receipt section is not held up due to frequent power cuts.
3. Commission desired that a proposal for financial and functional autonomy of the Commission be prepared. This proposal be placed before the Commission for approval and future course of action is decided.
4. Commission had observed that some of the public authorities have not
exhibited due diligence in appointing CPIO/PIOs. Commission directed that a directive of the Commission for appointing CPIO/AA may be uploaded on the website of the Commission which may be a guideline for the public authorities in this regard. JS (Law) & DS (PP) will ensure.
5. Commission was apprised that RR for two category of posts viz. the Data Entry Operators (DEO) and the Stenographers have been submitted to the Administration for further necessary action.
6. Commission felt that there is a need of bringing out a manual of Central
Information Commission. A target date may be fixed for completing this.
*Netizens may forward suggestions for inclusion of relevant contents in the manual.