Thread: LISTEN to a RTI Punch !

LISTEN to a RTI Punch !

Listen Sirs,
    A mistake was prevailing on my Account Statement of General Provident Fund issued by the Accountant General(Funds),Orissa since 1995. There is a direction from the A.G. that, discrepancy if any should be brought to the notice of the A.G. only through the Drawing and Disbursing Officer and no direct correspondance. Accordingly I did so on Dt.3.8.2006. But the same mistake was found on the statement of 2007. So, I represented again on dt.3.8.2007 through my D.D.O.
    Again I inquired about the fate of my representation on 10th Jan.2008 through E-Mail, whichthey ought to comply within 15 days. But my prayer was not heard.
    When they received a RTI Punch by me on 3rd Feb.2008, immediately respond to me via e-mail on 4th Feb.08 i.e. today, that correction has been made to the mistake.
    Therefore problem was solved.. Thanks a million to the RTI Punch.

Re: LISTEN to a RTI Punch !

It is said reflection on the lethargy of the bureacracy that even for a routine matter like correction of a mistake in the account slip one has to resort to RTI. One of the side effects of RTI would be to make our babus more responsive and prompt.

3. Re: LISTEN to a RTI Punch !

I believe all the work of GPF can now be easily given to Public Sector Bank where the interest rate can be decided by Govt and the use of fund also to be decided by the Govt. Only the accounting part can be given to them. That will save a lot of hassless and even the agony of getting all the GPF transfered once a person is transfered from one location.
    With Core Banking Solution only one A/c no in entire life will be required.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android