Thread: RTI questions tomunicpal body for clearances to a builder

1. RTI questions tomunicpal body for clearances to a builder

Hi All I am posting this on behalf of a resident's of new residential complex developed by well known private builder. The builder has delayed handing over of possession of flats to all owners by over a year in each case. The builder keeps giving the excuse that the delay is due to the local municipal corporation for not granting required clearances on time. The residents want to verify if this is the truth. To do that we want to raise questions with th municipal body under RTI. How should one frame the question? Has anyone done a similar thing before? Should one ask the municipal body specifically about each of the clearances i.e. water, electricity, environment, etc.? If yes, what are all the clearances involved? Thanks and regards

2. Re: RTI questions tomunicpal body for clearances to a builder

It is my experience with Municipal Corporation that they have hand in the glove builder and they defend builders. To take possession you just require partial occupation certificate.

1) You just ask for the copy for O.C, if it has not been issued the reason for not issuing it.

You can also opt for file inspection, on going through the file u will get relevant information which will be useful to you. Don't hesitate start drafting application u will learn and from your mistake

Fall and rise is the life.

All the Best
    Nile.