when I got married in 2005, He was posted with PWD (B&R) Hissar Haryana. some time after my Marriage he was transferred to PWD (B&R)Sirsa and in end of 2006 he was again transferred to PWD (B&R)Mahengarh, Haryana.
Zone wise sirsa is part of Hissar.
I have asked for some information about my Father in law from his department and mentioned the reason that information is required to pursue the dowry case filed against me by inlaws. I have sent the application requesting for the information to PIO, PWD (B&R) department, Hissar for period from Jan 05 to Jan 08.
Today I received a reply from PIO Hissar informing me that application has been transferred to PIO Sirsa. and adviced me to contact the PIO Sirsa Directly. He has not disclosed any information about the period my Father in Law was working at Hissar. Moreover I have mentioned in my application specially branch as HISSAR.
In reply he also mentioned the period as 30 days from the receipt of application in other office. Now
1. How do I know the date of receipt application at Sirsa?? since PIO at sirsa will not send the acknowledgement letter of the same to me
2. Can I move to appellate Authority with reason mentioning the intentional hidding of information by PIO Hissar ?
If needed , please let me know I can paste the application sent to PIO Hissar.
1. If PIO Hissar has "transferred" your application to PIO Sirsa, it should have been done under Section 6(3). In that case, the total period for reply is 35 days from the date of your application. Please do not worry as to when the second PIO received the application.
2. His contention in the reply that 30 days start from receipt of application in "other office" is incorrect. The meter starts ticking the day you submit your application.
3. If application clearly asked for information about period in Hissar AND Sirsa, then logically only that portion of the application which asked for information about Sirsa should have been transferred there.
When you receive your final reply from PIO Sirsa (35 days time limit), then you can peruse the reply and decide about the First Appeal.
I think First Appeal will have to be made to the FAA in Sirsa since it seems that your full application has been incorrectly transferred.