Thread: Application under RTI to BSNL

1. Application under RTI to BSNL

I have sent a letter to BSNL in Dec 2007 asking for information of all incoming and outgoing call at two number (Landline and Mobile) w/o citing any reason.

To my surprise, BSNL replied with the names of owner of the two numbers. One number is on name of my elder brother in law i.e. Landline one....
    Mobile is on the name of the younger brother in law... Information about the call is denied citing reason as personal information cannot be shared...
    Reply from PIO BSNL also mentioned that Mobile number is not active since May 2007

Now I came to know that requested information, not sure how, is known to my inlaws as well...

Please see the blog on

"

PHONE DETAIL INQUIRE

Hi Friends,
    Some person has demanded the details of incoming & outgoings of my landline phone & my mobile phone from BSNL under the RTI ACT & bsnl is suppling the same to him. Weather is legal. Means can we get the private detail under this law "

If the Mobile number is not active any more how will this information be shared with him??

Can we ask this information back in RTI ??

Do I need to ask this information to PIO or can I directly move to AA ??

Last edited by ambrish.p; 06-09-09 at 07:52 PM. Reason: ext. link deleted

Re: Application under RTI to BSNL

Mr Bhupesh,
    The details of telephone or mobile may not be supplied to the person other than owner of services. If anyone supplied the information made a mistake and complained may be made in this regards in DCF. Please approach in DCF and ask compensation for disclosing the information.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sngupta View Post
    Mr Bhupesh,
    The details of telephone or mobile may not be supplied to the person other than owner of services. If anyone supplied the information made a mistake and complained may be made in this regards in DCF. Please approach in DCF and ask compensation for disclosing the information.
    sngupta,

He has not been given information about the details of the calls. Only the owner of those numbers.

Should the owners name be also not given ?

4. Re: Application under RTI to BSNL

One clarification here:

bhupesh is my bro-in-law... He has sent that blog somewhere else...

Can such an information not be shared even if u have an FIR against u by ur in-laws and u need this information to pursue ur case to defend urself.

5. Re: Application under RTI to BSNL

It can only be explored if at all the PIO thinks the public interest justifies such disclosures. It it is decided that way, the 3rd party clause would come into play and the PIO need to ask the third party for that.
    You have already initiated the thread here:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2601-p...ls-inlaws.html
    and was advised to visit this thread:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2587-a...r-rti-act.html

6. Re: Application under RTI to BSNL

Third Party -> In laws... then they would not agree to disclosure of such information as they are the ones who will be effected by that...

7. Re: Application under RTI to BSNL

Moreover Mobile number belongs to Bhupesh and has got deactivated in May 07 and he himself is no more customer of BSNL..

How will they contact him ?
    also this information disclosed to third party if made should be informed to me ??

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Can we please restrict this thread to discuss vis s vis RTI and not other things.