Topic Identifier

Poll: is recruitment rules comes under the voilation of human right &/ corruption?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

Re: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

Addition/ Correction in last but one paragraph:

"will get a promotion by a mere DPC after 2 years of the promotion of the IAS Cadre officer. Gap period is just 2 years."

vnatarajan

From a revision of my notes, I find some clarification is required from my side.

1.The DRDO is taking shelter under their categorisation aspect (second schedule of RTI act) for not supplying the asked information.

2.At the same time, they themselves do not deem the Rec Rules Publications as violation of the said provisions.

3.It is well known many scientific and technical posts are advertised through UPSC etc periodically for filling up vacancies. Where is the restriction?

I think the other way is to explore the possibility of seeking the information from the Ministry of Defence/ Ministry of Personnel etc through RTI and give a try.

vnatarajan

Advertisement for recruitment and revealing information are two different things. There is no bar for advertising for recruitment. But furnishing all sorts of information to all information seekers is a different thing. In fact the information asked for by the applicant in this case (sachin21t) is not a strategic or scientifically important matter that needs to be protected. But the law has to be uniform. While clubbing so many organisations under one schedule, it cannot elaborately list all information that can be furnished or can not be furnished. It has to only say a common denominator.that is applicable to all the organisations clubbed in this schedule. But the organisations can exercise their discretion and dish out info that are not to be protected. In fact that is how similar information has been given out in some other case by the same DRDO as pointed out by Mr Karira in post #7! However, in this case it has taken a lazier and safer route of denying the info, which is ofcourse, legally correct. Such prevarications are not avoidable in a vast organisation like DRDO. Getting same info from Ministry of Defence, as suggested by you is not possible. They will simply pass on the request to DRDO as per the RTI Act!

Thanks Taurus. I know that tossing game is very much prevalent now in RTI matters by every Ministry- as I and my pensioner-friends are facing the same game.

Nothing concrete is emerging in matters of dispute/ conflict.

It is only copiews of OMs and Circulars that the RTI GLORIFIED POST OFFICES in most Ministries sre doing.

RTI PIOs shd be renamed RTI POs!.

vnatarajan

Recruitment rules and concerned SRO (Govt orders) have been uploaded in DRDO website
    (ACT) in compliance with Section 4(1)(b) of RTI Act, 2005. Any one may see them.

Ravi

Dear Sir,

In number of cases, the Hon'CIC has passed orders that establishment matters are not exempted under Sec 24 (1). If u visiit CIC website u can get number of decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin21t View Post
    I have been refused to get the information by PIO of DRDO headqurter. my subject of COMMUNICATION with the PIO is as follows .
    I want to get the mentioned information under RTI by filling the appeal.

SUBJECT OF INFORMATION ASKED:
    Recruitment rules of DRDO for various technical posts.

ORGNOSATION:
    Defence Reasearch & development Orgnisation.
    Ministry of defence:

REPLY RECIEVED:
    Refused to give the information on the follwing resons.
    1. DRDO has been placed in the second second schedule of the Right to information act2005 exempting DRDO from the application of the general provisions of the act except for the issues of the human rights violation & /or corruption.
    2. As your quires do not come under the purview of the above mentioned provisions, we, therefore , would not able to provide the information sought.

7. Re: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rvktirumalai View Post
    Dear Sir,

In number of cases, the Hon'CIC has passed orders that establishment matters are not exempted under Sec 24 (1). If u visiit CIC website u can get number of decisions.
    Please upload the orders here or give links.
    They will be useful to other members/guests.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android