Topic Identifier

Poll: is recruitment rules comes under the voilation of human right &/ corruption?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

1. Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

I have been refused to get the information by PIO of DRDO headqurter. my subject of COMMUNICATION with the PIO is as follows .
    I want to get the mentioned information under RTI by filling the appeal.

SUBJECT OF INFORMATION ASKED:
    Recruitment rules of DRDO for various technical posts.

ORGNOSATION:
    Defence Reasearch & development Orgnisation.
    Ministry of defence:

REPLY RECIEVED:
    Refused to give the information on the follwing resons.
    1. DRDO has been placed in the second second schedule of the Right to information act2005 exempting DRDO from the application of the general provisions of the act except for the issues of the human rights violation & /or corruption.
    2. As your quires do not come under the purview of the above mentioned provisions, we, therefore , would not able to provide the information sought.

2. Re: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

If you believe that prima facie there is ground of corruption involved then by giving your reason and evidences you can request for information on the grounds of alleged corruption.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Re: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

The stand taken by DRDO is correct in accordance with Sec 24 of the Act.

4. Re: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

even if there is suspicion of corruption in recruitment, those institutions which are exempt from rti cannot be questioned under rti. the solution is to lodge a petition direct to the minister concerned. there is a grievance cell in every ministry. if possible media can be roped in. from my miniscule knowledge of these institutions, it is very difficult to shake them.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

6. Re: Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment

many of the rules and regulations keep the right people away. an intellectual will not have the patience to read the forms and fill up...
    what an nasty india nava india we have. forms used to be just one page
    giving your identity card no (citizenship no) insurance no, nothing else in Germany everyone is competent to compete so long as their helath is ok and give in to the rigors of the routines involved in the subject jobs.
    in the B.L(LLB) reservations runs as follows: 67%mbc.16.sc 16.st.
    then reservations 10% for ex servicemen then 1% for police-dept dependents of those killed in action. or even policemen/exservicemen wounded. expatriates from ceylon,burma,. physically handicapped. etc. i had the files but am not to locate it. ultimately only 10 from f.c. got it after suing for the seats not filled up for those reserved for.
    when independence was fought by my uncle and father he had no faith in caste colour etc. DRDO being one for pure intellectuals they must be lured and begged to enter DRDO. i had boy friend of my son who refuses defense and drdo for one thing it is undrpaid and why the need when he is sidelined and not protected. the thinging of these youngsters is that it is better to die at the enemy,s hands than live ignomiously uncared and unrespected.
    Last edited by Shrawan; 20-02-08 at 05:24 PM. Reason: moderated

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

sachin21t,

Just for your reference someone else also asked DRDO regarding appointments and although DRDO is under Sec 24 of the RTI Act, the PIO still replied.
    The applicant was unhappy with the response and complained to the CIC.
    Please read the following :

https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_20022008_02.pdf

Dear Sachin

You may still study the RTI provisions in DRDO and verify yourself if the stand taken by the Deptt. is correct.

If they are taking a stand on such provisions, it may be possible they are correct.

In most GOI Deptts., the Rec Rules many not be open for consultation by employees. At best extracts may be provided , that too based on the bonafides of the incumbents and the need of the situation. I MYSELY HAD BEEN IN A ROLE (COMMITTEEE MEMBER) CONNECTED WITH PROPOSALS FOR REVISING/ REDRAFTING THE Gr A RECRUITMENT RULES IN MY DEPTT (scientific- GOI) while in service and I do not remember the occassion if any when Rec Rules were circulated or were demanded to be circulated.

(Though- many Scientists had the opportunity to see/ and consult the same on my very table!- of course no copies provided/ no demands made. Many possessed the details and knew the contents.)

Sometimes, it is possible that though the "Recruitment Rules" do not come under such provisions, to avoid their circulation, such answers may be given by the concerned personnel devisions. But not irresponsibly!

If you have an association/ union, you may try through them- at least for consultation by examination in the office.

You may try for another question:

What are the provisions for the Recruitment Rules of DRDO to be published in the Gazette? Notified?

NOST IMPORTANT NOW:

What are the details of the Organised Services appliaction procedures as per OM ..... Dated 2... April 2009 of the Min of P, PG & P/Detppt of Personnel for Gr A Offficers in DRDO? Copies may be provided. (pl verify the OM on the website of the Ministry, redraft the RTI Query toi suit your Orgn.)

You may also probe the Deptt of Personnel. With the extebsion of provisions of Organised Services benefits as per MOPPGP/Deptt of Personnel OM of 24th April 2009 for Gr A officers in most of the Deptts (I am sure DRDO also will be covered), promotions in the Non Functional Selection Grade mode (without waiting for real-time vacancies) in PB 3 and PB 4 and beyond up to HAG (S30) scale will be automatic - exactly two-years after their BATCH-EQUIVALENTS in IAS gets any promotion at the CENTRE. In other words- such promotions are no longer VACANCY BASED in NFSG mode. They are time-relate wrt IAS cadre.

To be precise, if a 1988 batch IAS Cadre-GR A officer gets promoted to a Jt Secy post in CENTRE, their equivalents in Deptts having Org. Services provisions, will get promotions by a mere DPC- to a NFSG equivalent post without waiting for vacamncies. Minor conditions exist but they are no hindrances.

NO REC RULES BOTHERATIONS WILL BE THERE - ONCE THESE PROVISIONS ARE INCORPORATED FIRST. RESERVATIONS ALSO WILL LOSE THEIR SIGNIFICANCE SOON. KEEP YOUR INTEGRITY- ACRs- PERFORMANCE RECORDS STRAIGHT-keeping the immediate bosses in good humour.

Cheers
    vnatarajan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android