Thread: Information from City Development Authorities on layout plan sanctioning

Information from City Development Authorities on layout plan sanctioning

This query is about getting information from urban land development authorities (Bangalore Development Authority/Mysore Urban Development Authority) on plots (layouts) formation in the cities of Bangalore and Mysore. I think folks in this forum from Karnataka (especially Bangalore and Mysore) would understand this easily. There are lot of House Building Co-operative Societies (HBCS) which collect money from its members and promise plots/sites. Usually, they provide plots for comparitively lesser price (than market price), but take a lot of time in doing so. They purchase agricultural land, get them converted to residential use (from agricultural use), develop it, submit a detail plan of the developed layout to the urban development authorities (BDA & MUDA), get them approved and register in the name of its members. Usually, this whole process takes atleast 2-3 years (in some cases, it will go beyond 10 years due to litigation involving land owners who will ask for more price, red-tapism by development authorities while conversion, approval, fraud within the society, etc).
    What I am looking at is:
    1. Status of plan approval in a particular area from urban development authorities (BDA & MUDA)
    2. To check if at all, if any application has been filed with development authorities from any of these societies for layout formation
    3. Verifying genuineness of certain copies of land conversion/layout approval details I have from these societies

Since it is difficult to approach town planning/urban development department authorities and seek information verbally, is it possible to approach them via RTI route?

Has anyone had any experience in such matters?

Thanks!

2. Re: Information from City Development Authorities on layout plan sanctioning

You can go ahead and ask the details as desiredby writing a RTI application , that is also there in the BDA website Welcome to Bangalore Development Authority

and also in PIO office

BDA Commercial Complex,
    HSR Sector VI,
    Bangalore.
    Ph: 25720264

Try and read various threads on filing and drafting RTI application and also see teh FAQ section in this site for further details

I hope this would solve your problem provided you initiate , because Doing does it
    Abhinav Bohare
    ....No is Nothing; Knowz Everything

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android