Thread: Kindly clarify on this

1. Kindly clarify on this

Dear Sir,
    Recently i JOINED AN Organisation as a Manager Business dev and within 15 days when i visited the office i found 7 officers from Income tax deptt and made all my colleagues to sit in our conference room and spoke to us very rudely..when I objectd to this they were very harsh on me..i told them that i wanted a proof that they are from Income Tax deptt and they showd the ID cards....Since our Regional Manager was away and I happened to be age wise senior they targetted all the question at me..When they showed some paper the copy which was refused to me i told them unless i have the top managment permission to sign i will not sign on any documents for which they will not give a copy..They got annoyed and used words like you do not know what the powers of Government officials are and we will show you what we are..Later they made a note of my responsiblities, what i do etc and advised me to show my PAN Card no. They also told me to submit two years my personal bank account details..When I protested they again said it was only survey and will be used only when and if necessary...
    Do you think the officials acted in haste and will further likely to harass me..My family is very much worried since our management is keeping mum on this subject.
    Regards
    KM22

2. Re: Kindly clarify on this

Dear km
    From the description of above, it appears you want opinion of your forum members on the above incidence. I would like to inform that at this forum we undertake issues related with the Right to Information.
    We have a sister site Big Helpers where we take issues similar to what you have pointed. I would request you to raise the issue at that forum.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android