Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh?

Section 19(9) of the RTI Act:

9.The Central Information Commission or State Information Commission, as the case may be, shall give notice of its decision, including any right of appeal, to the complainant and the public authority.

They have to give you the order copy. Although it does not say "free of cost", it is so.

As a sample, just peruse the following decision of the CIC (it was the first one in the list, so I just picked it up):
    http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_07022008_01.pdf
    The last sentence says
    Announced in the hearing. Notice of this decision be given free of cost to the parties.

There must be some Rules according to which the UPSIC is functioning.
    For example, CIC uses its own rules called CIC (Management) Regulations, 2007.
    Item 16 of those rules clearly say:
    16. Date of hearing to be notified:- The Commission shall notify the parties
    the date and place of hearing of the appeal or complaint in such manner
    as the Chief Information Commissioner may by general or special order
    direct.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

sunaabhsarkar,

Please also see the following thread:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/2454-c...e-notings.html

It might be of help to you.

3. Re: RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh?

Kariraji Thanks a lot for all the info you have provided... They will be of immense help to me...

4. Re: RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh?

Case No. , in which Commissioner CIC had ordered III AC fare or Rly free Pass to cover to & fro journey and either Rs 1000/- as compensation or boarding facility at Delhi for next hearing on 19.2.08, is CIC/OK/A/2007/01115, R. C. Nigam Vs CPIO/NR/LUCKNOW

Attention of all is invited to the 19 (8) (b) regarding Compensation.

It is also suggested that a booklet 'THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005 (22 OF 2005) ALONG WITHOFFICIAL SECRETS ACT, 1923 (19 OF 1923) from UNIVERSAL of Delhi, is a good publication as it has short notes as well and serves the purpose quite well.

Delay in response is regretted.

aamaadmi
    Last edited by ganpat1956; 12-02-08 at 11:01 PM.

5. Re: RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh?

Hello Sir,

I'm just back from LKO.... the delay doesn't matter, in any case I'll need to file a prayer and the information you have provided me will be of immense help to me... Even this time, a decision was not reached and I've been given a fresh "early" date for the next month...
    Thanks again,
    Sunaabh

6. Re: RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh?

1. In continuation of my previous post, I have to write that the CIC had, on begging by the RLY., dropped cash compensation and after my consent (goodwill gesture from me), converted it inti free facility of stay at Rly rest house.
    However, I know, it was a tactics to circumvent the decision and I am sure Rly would provide nothing like that.
    I shall be protesting, God knows to what result.
    2. The SIC being at Lucknow, it should be fathomed. if some activist is made available for helping applicants from far off places. In the mean time the applicants should try of their own, in this direction. It may cost a fraction to them.
    3. Pl. do not try me. I am 75 and sickly and heavily burdened of my own cases.
    Regards,
    aamaadmi

7. Re: RTI losing its teeth in Uttar Pradesh?

Hello Sir,

I can understand what you want to say... In another case which was heard yesterday, the Learned Judge was very critical on this point while wanting to know from the PA what punishment the PA had accorded to the defaulting official. I'm thankful for all the info your have provided me.

Sunaabh.

Mr Sunaabh Sarkar ,will it be convenient to share final outcome of your appeal at UPSIC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android