Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 9 to 15 of 15

Thread: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO

  1. #9
    Posts
    172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO


    NO SECTION in the RTI Act mentions PAN No. is necessary for information. Any citizen can ask a querry he may not be tax Assessee.
    I request you to ask the PIO "let him clarify under which section of the act the he requires Pan No.". Or else you can appeal to 1st appellate after 30 days for denial of information.



  2. #10
    Posts
    611
    Name:
    wehelpngo
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO


    This is new a thing indeed the PIO is try to buy some time with unnecessary reasons where come the necessity of furnish the PAN number occur where the amount involved is just RS 10/- PAN number are quoted in such transactions where the amount involved is equal to or more than 50 thousands.
    IF THERE IS NO HOPE WE WILL INVENT IT

  3. #11
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO


    Quote Originally Posted by hkdubey View Post
    NO SECTION in the RTI Act mentions PAN No. is necessary for information. Any citizen can ask a querry he may not be tax Assessee.
    I request you to ask the PIO "let him clarify under which section of the act the he requires Pan No.". Or else you can appeal to 1st appellate after 30 days for denial of information.
    Quote Originally Posted by wehelp View Post
    This is new a thing indeed the PIO is try to buy some time with unnecessary reasons where come the necessity of furnish the PAN number occur where the amount involved is just RS 10/- PAN number are quoted in such transactions where the amount involved is equal to or more than 50 thousands.
    PAN No. should not be a necessary criteria for providing Information except if it is required as a document to prove citizenship of India. But then there are other documents such as driving license, voters I card, Passport etc etc which may be made use of in case the PIO needs proof of citizenship. The PIO however cannot insist only one particular document for the purpose of ID proof or citizenship.

    And, as Kariraji has written earlier in the thread, the PIO may be asked under what powers or clauses of the RTI act it necessary to insist on PAN No. for the purpose of giving information

  4. #12
    Posts
    172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO



    Quote Originally Posted by sunaabhsarkar View Post
    PAN No. should not be a necessary criteria for providing Information except if it is required as a document to prove citizenship of India. But then there are other documents such as driving license, voters I card, Passport etc etc which may be made use of in case the PIO needs proof of citizenship. The PIO however cannot insist only one particular document for the purpose of ID proof or citizenship.

    And, as Kariraji has written earlier in the thread, the PIO may be asked under what powers or clauses of the RTI act it necessary to insist on PAN No. for the purpose of giving information
    Yes A PIO can ask a document in favour citizenship of India it is very well a Voter Id card or Driving Licence or Passportor a Pan card. Any particular document cannot be sought. Any one document the citzen have is sufficient.

  5. #13
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO


    ... In the original query, the PIO has asked for this information from the applicant so that payment could be credited to the Central Govt A/c whcich in this case is not to establish the citizenship of the Information seeker but, as has been discussed earlier, seems only to be a ploy of the PIO to buy some more time to reply or simply to deviate, delay or an attempt to derail the RTI procedure...

  6. #14
    Posts
    172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO


    Now we have learnt PIO are trying to delay, What should be the remedy?? There must be a change in the law. I think it is better to go for an appeal on the ground of rejection.

  7. #15
    Posts
    211
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is PAN mandatory for RTI fee thru IPO


    Quote Originally Posted by hkdubey View Post
    Now we have learnt PIO are trying to delay, What should be the remedy?? There must be a change in the law. I think it is better to go for an appeal on the ground of rejection.
    Actually if one has the will to answer a query, he/she can do it in a jiffy unless bogged down with red tapism or nonperformance. If the Babu in question is not from the 'la creme de la creme' tribe, one can expect quick decisions and punishments. The Bigshot PIOs and APIOs [especially the IAS cadre] are rarely brought to book even if reported to the CICs as I have learnt from my experience.

    A person whom I know closely is a PIO of his dept. has the audacity to turn back an information seeker by asking him to go ahead and try his luck appealing his case with the CIC and then come back later for the information he seeks and, all this with the document, a copy of which the applicant had saught right on his table. Its been almost a year, the PIO is unscathed or unrepentant.

    As I have learnt the hard way at UPSIS, even a filmsy reply which is not even distantly connected to the issue can save the skin [ read day] of the PIO. When a PIO who was almost cornered into giving information and appearing before the SIC a similar filmsy reply saved his skin.
    The PIO was spared not only for not complying with the SIC's order by repeatedly not appearing before the SIC, but, he was also given a breather taking cognizance of the faulty reply... the SIC reasoned with me that correct or incorrect or faulty, the PIO has indeed replied and hence he deserves a chance to clarify why he is giving a such reply.... The SIC simply issued yet another notice to the PIO to answer along with the standard threats of punishment and thus the PIO gets to live life on unscathed and superbly remunerated by the taxpayers money. In the same court however, I've seen lesser souls who were appointed PIOs or APIOs awarded harshest possible punishments.

    As long as double standards rule, SICs, CICs judgements I'm afraid, I still see red in situations like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


About RTI INDIA

    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android