Thread: Can I seek information on latest amendment to SRO through RTI?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can I seek information on latest amendment to SRO through RTI?

I am a DRDS (Defense Research and Development service) cadre officer.The latest information I have got on our Assessment rule dates back to SRO 34 dated 8th march 1996, which states that"The Assessment Board for promotion upto the level of Scientist 'F' sahll submit its recommendation as "Fit for Promotion" or "Not Yet Fit" or fitness shall be deffered by one year. if the overall merit calibre of the candidate as judged by the Assesssment Board matches with the qualifying marks required for his residency period, the candidate should be recommended as Fit for Promotion" or "Not Yet Fit" or fitness shall be deffered by one year"Now I want to know 1) whether the phrase "fitness shall be deffered by one year" has been deleted or amended to date?2) Whether any candidate has been recommended under the head "fitness shall be deffered by one year" in the history of DRDS Assessment? (to the best of my knowledge nobody has been recommended under this head)3)What is the criteria for recommending a candidate under the head "fitness shall be deffered by one year"?4) As such what is my score in the assessment conducted in the year 2007?Can these information be sought under RTI.As a senior Government officer, would such information seeking would call for punitive action under CCS conduct Rule?RegardsPrakash

› Find content similar to: Can I seek information on latest amendment to SRO through RTI?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can I seek information on latest amendment to SRO through RTI?

dear npn01234, amendments or deletions in the service rules are generally published and circulated among the employees, hence such amendment or deletion cannot be considered as 'information' 'held' by the PA. they are or they ought to be in the public domain and so must be available to anyone who knows where to look for them. the answer to your other question is:YES. you can ask for the list of candidates recommended for promotion, on what criteria they have been promoted and also ask for your own score in such assessment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Sir.
    The tragedy is that the SROs of years subsequent to year 1998 is not available in our laboratory and the potential source where it could be found is not cooperative.
    However one question that still lingers my mind is whether such information seeking through RTI would atract punitive action under CCS conduct rule.
    Regards
    Prakash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sir, no punitive action can be taken overtly for seeking information through RTI. i myself have done it more than once, shooting off letters to the highest authority of my department. however, veiled actions are sometimes taken by some higher authorities for asking inconvenient questions; you must be brave enough to tackle all these

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android