Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What Should Be The Next Step?

I filed one application in May,2007 and did not receive any response either from the SPIO or AA. Submitted 2nd appeal to SIC. SIC sent direction to pio for furnishing views/comments. No reply received. submitted reminder to the SIC. At last received one letter containing false, misleading information from the concerned PIO. What should be my next step-- once again 1st appeal to AA or complaint to the SIC ?
    It is not clear from the act, probably during preparation of the act, they could not think of the possibility of the presence of such a CO-OPERATIVE PIO(!) of WEST BENGAL.
    Would any body suggest the proper step to be taken ?

› Find content similar to: What Should Be The Next Step?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: What Should Be The Next Step?

Best is to prefer First Appeal since that is a necessary step before approaching the SIC with Second Appeal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One month time is over after receiving the reply ,as I was in favour of 2nd appeal . As I had submitted 1st appeal , so I was in favour of 2nd one. Should I go for a complaint under Sec 18 ?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Making a complaint (state in the complaint that you are approaching the SIC 2nd time in this matter) to SIC under Sec 18 is also another alternative. But SIC might remand the case back to the AA (as WBSIC is doing in the past also)...so you will be back to square one.
    Just think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At last I received the desired information from the PIO , as diredted (by AA) . But unfortunately concerned PIO sent information with a forwarding letter and enclosed point wise reply provided without any authentication. He neither signed nor it was authenticated with proper designation. The matter was related with that department only, but PAIO, sent it to some other dept's PIO ,after a month of submission and only receiving the 1st appeal. Then the PIO of the next Dept correctly sent it back to the previous dept, where the application was submitted. This is the way responsible PIO/PAIOs are dealing with RTI applications.
    Last edited by abhijeet; 04-03-08 at 05:38 AM. Reason: correction

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

If there is no signature on the information provided, please send it back to the AA and ask him to instruct PIO to reply with proper signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is what I intended to follow; but I informed the matter to the concerned AA, and send a copy of the same to the Pio. Let me see what happens. I did not send any copy to the SIC .