Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

misuse of foriegn funding in ngo's/trusts

dear sir,
    i want to investigate misuse of foreign funds in ngo's and trusts. how can i get the information about howmuch funding those trusts/ngo getting, and how they r utilising. in andhrapradesh some trusts and ngo's misusing the funds. pls help me in this regard.

› Find content similar to: misuse of foriegn funding in ngo's/trusts

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: misuse of foriegn funding in ngo's/trusts

You can directly address your application to The PIO of the relevant NGO.
    Just make sure that the NGO is receiving funds from the Government and can be defined as a "Public Authority".

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hello Praveen,

It's a good thing that you have decided to use RTI on misuse of foreign funding. Hope you will be able to unearth hidden skeletons.

Instead of writing to individual NGOs you first apply to the Ministry of Home Affairs for a list of NGOs who have received Foreign Funds in the previous years.

That will be your starting point.
    From there you will also able to collect a lot of other details about the NGOs.
    You will get massive amount of data. If you are in New Delhi then ask for personal inspection of files.

Mr. S.K. Shahi, Dy. Secy. is dealing with FCRA. The complete list is available here.

http://mha.nic.in/rti/rti_cpio050907.pdf

Also visit Ministry of Home Affairs (RTI).

Use this link to get a list of all the NGOs who are registered under the FCRA.
    FCRA Online Services

Please remember that most of the NGOs are not covered under the RTI Act, if they are not recipient of any GOVT. Funds.

Mere registration under any Act, does not automatically brings an NGO under the RTI Ambit. And Foreign Funding is not Govt. Funds.

So you will meet a lot of resistance there.

You have a long & ardous journey ahead. So you have to persevere a lot.

Good Luck and Keep Posting.

Sidharth
    Last edited by sidmis; 11-02-08 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi sidhu,
    thank u very much for ur kind information. its very encouragious to me. iam working as a reporter in hyd. pls keep in touch with me.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android