Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: File Notings - If Pio Refuses To Give File Notings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: File Notings - If Pio Refuses To Give File Notings.

maneesh ji,

Is there any provision in the act, or any decision of CIC to strongly demand that the answer we should get from Appellate authoity?

rakatkam.

› Find content similar to: File Notings - If Pio Refuses To Give File Notings.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

The 1st Appellate Authority can only decide whether the decision of PIO was correct or not, and has the power to direct PIO to supply the information. Thus the answer to your appeal would only be given by 1st Appellate Authority as Maneesh had told you earlier, however, he may not actually give answer to your application but direct the PIO to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sirs,

I have come across one decision of Dopt over the role of appellet authority from this site only,

I am attaching a file related to the Role of appeallet authority, which is a decision of Dopt.

please go through, which may be help ful to many members and viewers.

[4. If an appellate authority comes to a conclusion that the appellant should be supplied information in addition to what has been supplied to him by the CPIO, he may either (i) pass an order directing the CPIO to give such information to the appellant, or (ii) he himself may give information to the appellent while diposing off the appeal. in the first case the appellate authority should ensure that the information ordered by him to be supplied is supplied to the appellant immediately. It would however, be better if the appellate authority choose the second course of action and he himself furnish the information along with the order passed by him in the matter].

rakatkam.
    Last edited by wagh7; 17-02-08 at 09:13 PM.

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing this information. I would just highlight the point in the DoPT circular:
    He himself may give information to the appellant while disposing of the appeal. In the first case the appellate authority should ensure that the information ordered by him to be supplied is supplied to the appellant immediately. It would, however, be better if the appellate authority chooses the second course of action and he himself furnishes the information along with the order passed by him in the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kushal sir,

Please do not say thanks to me, because the efforts that you and some other activists are doing is hats off to you, my role is very very minute , not even 0.0000000000000000001%.

I use to help the society and needy.
    thanks for your compliments.

rakatkam.