Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTI application form for Oriental Insurance Company

1. RTI application form for Oriental Insurance Company

Kindly find attached RTI application form prescribed by Oriental Insurance Company.

It can also be used to get general information about asking for information elsewhere. Even though the RTI application can be written on a plain piece of paper, however the format can be taken as clue for making an application.

Attached Files Attached Files

2. This is a beautiful form and it creates a uniform strucutre for keeping the record of the information sought and the information provided.
    I think this is a good direction to work.

3. Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    This is a beautiful form and it creates a uniform strucutre for keeping the record of the information sought and the information provided.
    I think this is a good direction to work.
    Indeed, its a good form and well drafted one.

However, try to keep the form as just one page. Helps, when you have to file a Second Appeal.

Wishes

4. RTI application format from Dept of Biotechnology

Recently I came across another model format for making an RTI application in the web-site of Department of BioTechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology. I am furnishing the link hereunder for the benefit of forum members/visitors:

Application for seeking information under the Right to Information Act, 2005

5. I checked up the form and I find it a little objectionable.
    1. There is no provision of providing information of two address.
    2. Why would one require proof of residence and also attaching a photocopy of the same?
    3. Why would one need to specify only two modes: printed/diskette?
    4. Why would one require to give this declaration:
      (ii) The information given by me in this form is true and I am solely responsible for its accuracy.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    I checked up the form and I find it a little objectionable.
    1. There is no provision of providing information of two address.
    2. Why would one require proof of residence and also attaching a photocopy of the same?
    3. Why would one need to specify only two modes: printed/diskette?
    4. Why would one require to give this declaration:
    We know very well that its "Dadagiri" and not "Gandhigiri" that appeals to these babus. Why are they also discriminating between age and sex(They have no right to ask for this info). They have also asked for our parents name as well. I plan to file an RTI Application with this deptt. asking for info on who gave them the right to frame this form, which is in contravention of the RTI Act and the recent CIC's decision on application form.

7. I am sure I am spared of from being 'these babus'
    I may be considered as 'Good Babu' :rolleyes:

And yes, good catch about gender, parent point too.

8. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kushal View Post
    I may be considered as 'Good Babu' :rolleyes:
    Please keep it that way! By being a "Good Babu".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android