Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question About Exemption od DRDO & RR from RTI act

HI all
    I just read the Exemption Of DRDO & Rules Of Recruitment thread.
    I would like to know if the DRDO RRs are completely exempted under RTI
    or one can ask some specific queries about their RRs not related to india's defence aspects.
    If yes then tell me if from previous posts you have made such a query ever!!!!!!
    regards
    ankit

› Find content similar to: About Exemption od DRDO & RR from RTI act

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: About Exemption od DRDO & RR from RTI act

They are exempted under RTI, except for those issues which relate to Human Rights or Corruption.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

ankit_b,

Just for your reference someone else also asked DRDO regarding appointments and although DRDO is under Sec 24 of the RTI Act, the PIO still replied.
    The applicant was unhappy with the response and complained to the CIC.
    Please read the following :

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_20022008_02.pdf

Name:
    Sidharth
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks Karira for posting this decision.

It's interesting to note that DRDO though exempted from RTI ambit, do have full fledged mechanism for RTI Related queries and they have a Full time CPIO & AA.

Though exempted, DRDO has been geting RTI Queries quite regularly.
    It seems that they are quite prepared to tackle the RTI Queries.
    The CPIO of DRDO is quite proactive. This is a commendable act from the DRDO.

Is it mandatory for Exempted entities to have a PIOs/AAs?

Sidharth

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Section 24(1) exempts certain organisations from coverage under RTI Act (except for Human Rights cases and Corruption), there is no exemption from appointing a PIO in these organisations.
    As per Section 5, PIO must be appointed or designated in every Public Authority.

If there is no PIO, who will reply to RTI applications for Human Rights and Corruption cases in these organisations. PIO is also needed to reply to other applicants to inform them that the organisation is in Section 24.

From the following decision of the CIC, I noticed that even RAF/CRPF has a PIO.

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_25022008_01.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YA ONLY ISSUES RELATING TO CORRUPTION & VOILATION OF HUMAN RIGHT CAN BE QUESTIONED SINCE they are extempted under sec 24.
    DRDO is doing a wonderful job to the nation we did a mistake of choosing Dr.Adbul Kalam as president rather if he was in DRDO he would have invented 2 more missiles in 5 years to the nation, let us not extemp them from sec 24 on the nation's interest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

i have refused to get theinformation about the r ecruitment on the basis of examption of drdo fron RTI.
    so i have filed appeal; in this subject on the basis that if the transprerancy is not maintned the process there is a chance of corruption.

if any one sort the information on this subject ,there is not any harm for national defence & intergration. am i right or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir, Kindly clarify whether the DRDO is exempted from RTI Act, on Administrative matters. I am not asking on Defence research areas or Scientific matters. I asked how many posts of labour welfare commissioners are there ? who many posts of Labour commissioners are vacant etc, whether Sec.49 of factories Act was followed by DRDO or not ? they replied that DRDO is exempted and RS.10/- IPO was returned back to me. ? What I have to do ? Syam Sundar -Dehradun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android