Thread: How to get Income Tax Refund from Gurgaon

1. How to get Income Tax Refund from Gurgaon

My Income tax return was filed at Office of Income tax Officer, Ward 2, Gurgaon, The ITR was filed on 26-Jul-07 online and the acknowledgement was submitted at this office. Bank particulars were also given for electronic transfer. When and how will I get the refund.

2. Re: How to get Income Tax Refund from Gurgaon

Kindly visit the tag

income tax refund Threads - Forum Tags by RTI India

3. RTI Application filed, Acknowledgement received but no status on refund

Further to going through the info available in the RTIindia website regarding income tax refund, I submitted RTI Application to the ward officer then after 1.5 months with no reply I filed the RTI application with Rs 10 PO with copy to annexure A to Public information Officer and received an acknowledgement on Jun20th. One month have been gone and I still did not receive any refund cheque. Please help me with suggesting the next steps.

4. Re: How to get Income Tax Refund from Gurgaon

Dear Ravi

You need to file a First Appeal addressed to First Appellate Authority for non supply of info.The time limit for filing First Appeal is 30 days from the date of PIO's reply or the date on which you were supposed to receive it.

Fee: no fees for First Appeal with central public authorities.

Format:No prescribed format for First Appeal with central public authorities. .

For help/guidence please see:

How to write First appeal: How to write First Appeal under RTI? - RTI Guide

For format of First Appeal & other details, please see this blog by Karira Sir: http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...ng-refund.html

If you have any further doubts, please post them here and our members will be pleased to guide you further.

regards

Question no reply to income tax department

I want an information regarging income tax returns filing from it department,ahmedabad.its more than a month since i had written to them enclosing a postal order of rs.10 to seek the information.two copies of forwarding my letter from one department to other were sent to me were sent 15 days back. I have sent a reminder letter also thru speed post about a week ago but there is no response.kindly tell me how much time should i wait for second reminder.

6. Re: How to get Income Tax Refund from Gurgaon

Dear Neha

a. RTI procedure is :Time limits specified in the RTI Act - RTI Guide
    1. RTI Application with Fee to PIO
    2. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 30 (or 35 days in case of submission to APIO or under Section 6(3)),
    First Appeal to the First Appellate Authority (normally a officer higher than the PIO)
    3. If no reply/ not satisfied with reply in 45 days to the First Appeal, then Second Appeal to the CIC/SIC (time period is 90 days)

b. Wait for 30 days from the date of forwarding letter & in case of no reply file First Appeal with FAA ( a higher officer in that PA).

c. Please refer post # 4 for other details.

regards

7. Re: How to get Income Tax Refund from Gurgaon

hi friend,

for faster processing you may post your data at www.incometaxrefund.in

hope you will get your refund very soon.